Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Hey, need some opinions please...:)

Announcements Posted on
Become part of the Welcome Squad! Apply here! 28-10-2014
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I have my RS GCSE exam tomorrow and just need some opinions (religious or non-religious). Sorry this is my first time starting a thread so I don't know if this is in the right area!

'The UK should welcome all asylum seekers.'

Thanks everyone
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Probably too late but I'll give it a shot.

It would be absurd for the UK to accept all asylum seekers. Firstly, not all asylum seekers are genuine and systems must be put in place to ensure only people who need to protection and help get in. Secondly, the UK's infrastructure can only support so many people and in a time of austerity increasing the number of people relying on the state would not be a good thing. Asylum seekers put pressure on the welfare state, NHS, schools and policing. The UK should continue to do its part in continuing its history of helping genuine asylum seekers who are in danger. In conclusion, asylum seekers are very often deserving of help due to their difficult circumstances and the UK should be compassionate to those people and help when they can. However, helping everyone is not realistic, pragmatically the UK can only take in limited amounts of asylum seekers in order to protect its infrastructures.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joemonaghan)
    Probably too late but I'll give it a shot.

It would be absurd for the UK to accept all asylum seekers. Firstly, not all asylum seekers are genuine and systems must be put in place to ensure only people who need to protection and help get in. Secondly, the UK's infrastructure can only support so many people and in a time of austerity increasing the number of people relying on the state would not be a good thing. Asylum seekers put pressure on the welfare state, NHS, schools and policing. The UK should continue to do its part in continuing its history of helping genuine asylum seekers who are in danger. In conclusion, asylum seekers are very often deserving of help due to their difficult circumstances and the UK should be compassionate to those people and help when they can. However, helping everyone is not realistic, pragmatically the UK can only take in limited amounts of asylum seekers in order to protect its infrastructures.
    Thanks mate. Very interesting quite similar to mine.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 19, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.