The Student Room Group

i need some serious advice.. i dont know what to do. please help.

well the background of this is.. we have been bestfriends since year 9/10. he is one year older than me, and weve always gone to different schools so its not like we are not used to not seeing eachother during school time since he is in uni now.

it is exam time, i am in my final year of a levels and lately i havent been feeling that into him..
he is my bestfriend and i rely on him for everything.. it sounds a bit weird but he even wakes me up in the mornings, and waits for me to go sleep at night.
we were having this discussion a week ago about uni. i am going to uni in sept and i dont think it would be a good idea for us to stay together.
i told him i did really love him but i could potentially have to move to scotland and i dont think i should ruin a good friendship because of the strain it will have on our relationship. people never know what will happen in uni, and i dont want to take the chance of hurting him.
we have said "i love you" lots of times, but this time he turned round to say whether i just say it because he says it or whether i really mean it.
that really upset me, so after the phone call ended, i called my ex up who ive been apart from for a good 9 months. he is in a perfectly happy and loving relationship with this other girl, and i just wanted to know how he knew she was the one he wanted to have a long distance relationship with, and not me.
we talked for some time, and i thought it cant hurt to give it a try in uni..
but lately i have been really like i just want to be left alone by everyone, including him. i sit around the house doing nothing, i have been falling behind on school work and the head of sixth form has been threatening to kick me out if i do not attend lessons.
whenever it comes to thinking about breaking up with him, it just seems like i dont care.. i literally do not show any emotions of what i want to happen.. i know i dont want to split up with him, but the way i am feeling at the moment, it feels like i dont care and i think he can now tell as there seems to be a little bit of tension now when we talk.
i dont know whether its stress or i am depressed but it is really effecting my relationship with him.

what do i do?
Reply 1
i say just forget about this guy and concentrate on your studies if its negatively affecting that area. or you could quit/fail studies chase the guy, have a fling and then without any good qualifications work in 99p store. (no offense to guys working in 99p store, i like that shop. i bought a, uh, what ever you sell in there, once.)
Reply 2
Original post by wateva
i say just forget about this guy and concentrate on your studies if its negatively affecting that area. or you could quit/fail studies chase the guy, have a fling and then without any good qualifications work in 99p store. (no offense to guys working in 99p store, i like that shop. i bought a, uh, what ever you sell in there, once.)

but we have been bestfriends for 5 years and we are in the same close friendship group. theres no way of avoiding him.
Reply 3
Original post by wateva

but he is one of my bestfriends, and we are in the same friendship group that we have been for 5 years. although weve all gone our different ways, we are still as close as ever. there is no way to avoid him.
Reply 4
Original post by vhyl
but he is one of my bestfriends, and we are in the same friendship group that we have been for 5 years. although weve all gone our different ways, we are still as close as ever. there is no way to avoid him.

lol who are you? your not op?
Reply 5
Original post by wateva
lol who are you? your not op?

the original poster of this thread..
Reply 6
just talk it over some finger licken kfc. have you seen a kfc advert? they all happy and sh!t eating it. that could be you and your best friend.
Not sure really without knowing more, happy for you to pm me for a good chat if you like :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending