Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Films vs TV

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    What do people prefer?

A good film or a good TV show?

My vote is with TV. I think a long running series can create better characters and plot than an (average) 90 minute movie can.

Opinions?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    5 Years ago I would have said film, but some of the newer TV shows are fantastic
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    wat abbie said

I am loving game of thrones right now
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    TV I'm not one of these people who could spend all day watching films like some people could.
    • 60 followers

ReputationRep:
    TV for me, I like watching a show and following it from episode to episode I like films as well but I don't watch as many, have to be in the mood for them more I find
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    TV definately for the reason that Dream Weaver mentioned. A film throws every plot twist and character at you at once. There can be no cliff hangers or true plot twists than affect the story in the long term. For example, imagine LOST as a film? Nooooo. TV shows forever!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm this is difficult as TV gets boring... things repeat and it just gets really annoying although saying that if there's a good series of something on then I would probs prefer the TV but otherwise I love movies
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ermm Usually I'll take a film over watching the rubbish that usually passes as TV, however I prefer well made film quality TV series to films simply because they last longer so you get more depth.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: May 30, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.