Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who said vegans aren't fit/ muscly?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sconter)
    in 100 years we havnt evolved.
    in 100 years we have no wildly different training methods or diets

in the last 10 years nothing has changed in training or diet.

and yet world records keep getting broken.

the effects of dark matter are visable, the effects of peds are visable. the peds are invisable dark matter is invisable.

you are an imbecile, and i dont need to justify your last point with a response. i dont really see why i need to explain the analogy. but there you go!
    That's rich coming from a cretin who conjures false claims.

You need to do some research if you believe those claims are true. Just go back to the hole you crawled up from.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Playa10)
    That's rich coming from a cretin who conjures false claims.

You need to do some research if you believe those claims are true. Just go back to the hole you crawled up from.
    what isnt true?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why would you not drink milk though?
    It's hardly killing a cow/potential cow.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliphatic)
    Some people actually have decent ethics.
    Good for you. I have ethics too, but do you know what? I don't sit on this ivory pillar of mine and criticise people who do not do the same thing as me, eat the same as me, or share the same views on animal slaughter as me. I poke fun, well; because the only vegans and vegetarians I have encountered have this 'mighter than thou' attitude. What, you think because you have ethics relating to animal slaughter that you are some moral buddha now? I think not.

I went vegetarian for six months, I still consumed eggs and milk and all I got was negative attitudes from vegans saying how bad I was that I was consuming milk and eggs, about how I should cut grains from my diet and how eating honey is wrong. The people that I encountered were never happy unless they practically swept away any microorganisms that might happen to perish upon the salad leaf which they were cutting. I have no qualms with vegetarians or vegans, I might change my mind and revert in the future, but there is an element of elevated self-righteousness amongst these circles that I cannot stand. I am talking from personal experience here, obviously.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A level Az)
    LOL, who cares how ripped they are, the moment they tell you they're a vegen you know they're not hard at all Oh boo hoo I can't eat anything that casts a shadow waaaa :cry:
    Very clever post. I'm sure the chicken you purchase at the supermarket which has already been killed and packaged for you makes you, on the other hand, a hard mother****er.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Dat dere cell tech.
    But really Vegans probably are very fit, I guess it would just be harder to gain muscle.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gobbler)
    Attachment 148561

Vegan when training for upcoming boxing matches

Normally a meat eater/lover
    Yep, and your point? You can still get good quality protein from being vegan. But again, I wouldn't consider it personally
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 21stcenturyphantom)
    the only vegans and vegetarians I have encountered have this 'mighter than thou' attitude.
    You're probably exaggerating a bit, but either way this'll probably be because those who're the most conspicuous are the most vocal. I generally don't bring up my vegetarianism unless it's relevant and the same goes for most of my vegetarian friends. Though I'll grant you that a lot of the militants you'll find on the internet tend to be a whole lot more belligerent. It's like that with most things.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uxa595)
    Why would you not drink milk though?
    It's hardly killing a cow/potential cow.
    Cows are forcibly impregnated and treated quite badly in many farms. Unfortunately it's hard to tell if these sources are ethical or not. I drink milk myself (although I've reduced quite a bit recently), but in some ways it's the same principle as not eating meat, just minus the slaughter element.

Well, that's just one reason out of (I'd imagine) many.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Good for you. I have ethics too, but do you know what? I don't sit on this ivory pillar of mine and criticise people who do not do the same thing as me, eat the same as me, or share the same views on animal slaughter as me. I poke fun, well; because the only vegans and vegetarians I have encountered have this 'mighter than thou' attitude. What, you think because you have ethics relating to animal slaughter that you are some moral buddha now? I think not.

I went vegetarian for six months, I still consumed eggs and milk and all I got was negative attitudes from vegans saying how bad I was that I was consuming milk and eggs, about how I should cut grains from my diet and how eating honey is wrong. The people that I encountered were never happy unless they practically swept away any microorganisms that might happen to perish upon the salad leaf which they were cutting. I have no qualms with vegetarians or vegans, I might change my mind and revert in the future, but there is an element of elevated self-righteousness amongst these circles that I cannot stand. I am talking from personal experience here, obviously.
    I am only a vegetarian, so no - I am hardly the 'moral buddha' as you put it. I therefore do not deserve all your negative little associations with vegans to be put on me. In my original post I was saying I respect people for getting there the hard way, but that doesn't mean I don't respect meat-eating weightlifters (of which my boyfriend is one, so it's not like I don't have a close association with them). What I DON'T respect is this need for meat-eaters to try and constantly put down vegan bodybuilders and debunk any achievements they make because it doesn't fit in with what they want to believe.

I would know about this 'holier than though' attitude you talk of, however this time it's the reverse as I am the only non-meat eater out of any of my friends. More often than not, all I get is little quips now about why I don't want to eat meat. But you know what? I don't particularly care... I don't eat meat for my own reasons, not because I'm in it to make friends.
    I therefore don't see why vegans taking the piss out of you would make you suddenly change back to being a meat eater, you should doing it for yourself and not just to please other people.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:

I can guarantee that you didn't even know that the majority of vegetarians and vegans you have encountered were vegetarian or vegan. I've been vegetarian fr 8 years and there are still people who I'm reasonably close to who have no idea. Ditto with me and others.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Roids
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliphatic)
    I therefore don't see why vegans taking the piss out of you would make you suddenly change back to being a meat eater, you should doing it for yourself and not just to please other people.
    Sorry; I didn't mention that in my first post. I did not revert back to eating meat because of the comments I received (I am not that weak) I went back to it simply because I missed the meat. There are benefits to a vegan/vegetarian diet, but I just don't see why this thread was posted, and I don't see why its turned into a meat/non-meat competition thread. Vegans are probably more clued-up about nutrition than the average protein junkie who eats kitkats and bacon sandwiches for his lunch, yet thinks taking two protein shakes a day makes up for it. Hence, vegans can most definitely be bodybuilders; it is just harder. Why is why I made my original post 'why is this even a thread?'.

(Original post by callum9999)
    I can guarantee that you didn't even know that the majority of vegetarians and vegans you have encountered were vegetarian or vegan. I've been vegetarian fr 8 years and there are still people who I'm reasonably close to who have no idea. Ditto with me and others.
    The ones I met were quite liberal in telling me, but I understand the point you are trying to make.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Killer Bean)
    Very clever post. I'm sure the chicken you purchase at the supermarket which has already been killed and packaged for you makes you, on the other hand, a hard mother****er.
    Not at all, just the fact that I eat it on a regular basis makes me harder than a vegan :cool:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 16, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

Exercise tipsNutrition advice

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.