The Student Room Group

What happens if I don't show up?

Basically I was wrongly entered for an exam, but decided to take it anyway to increase my UMS. I have 84/100 UMS already. So a definite "A." However, now I'm feeling that I'm not prepared for this exam at all (due to attention paid on other exams) and feel that I would get lower than this grade. I'm in two minds as to whether to I should show up to the exam or not. If i didn't would I automatically be given a U, or would it just not appear on my exam results? Also, what would happen if I didn't?

Many thanks!
Reply 1
Call your college/exams office and tell them that you were wrongly entered for the exam. They will cancel your entry, although you must do this as soon as possible.

Once they cancel it you won't receive a grade at all (meaning it would seem as if you were never entered in the first place)
Reply 2
just do the exam ..... your ums will only change if you do better anyway....
Reply 3
I just got an 'X' on my exam results sheet for the ones I didn't attend
Original post by Tw1x
I just got an 'X' on my exam results sheet for the ones I didn't attend

how many did you not attend?!
Reply 5
Original post by minthumbugs
how many did you not attend?!

Just 3, I had trouble with finances and stuff and, as the college I was sitting my exams at was a bit far away, I couldn't really afford to attend.
Original post by Tw1x
Just 3, I had trouble with finances and stuff and, as the college I was sitting my exams at was a bit far away, I couldn't really afford to attend.

fair enough. Could you have spoken to them about your situation? I'm sure there was some way they could have helped?

Quick Reply

Latest