The Student Room Group

Derek Acorah claims Madeleine McCann is dead

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Drunk Punx
Just as well the book's not written about unicorns then, really :h:
Do yourself one better. Obtain some DMT. Take it. Report back with your findings.

As much as I love dealing in facts, science can't explain everything, not yet anyway.

I was using analogy, it was obviously lost on you. There is no truth in what you quoted the author as saying about souls.

I know that science cannot explain everything - my degree is in philosophy - I champion those who can put forth ideas about the world that are as yet unexplained by science. However, the author that you quoted in that passage used science and bent it to suit his theory rather than testing his theory by using science. That is neither Scientific nor Philosophical - it is simply rubbish. For that reason, I will not waste my time on the book.
A charletan, just like every other psychic/medium/priest/druid...

He shouldn't be taken seriously.
Reply 62
He's not a psychic, he's a proven fraud. What the hell?

If he truly knows Madeleine is dead, it's only because her parents told him. :colonhash:
Hey don't diss him it was his spirit guide Sam that informed him of this.
Reply 64
Original post by Drunk Punx

As much as I love dealing in facts, science can't explain everything, not yet anyway.

Just because science doesn't (yet) explain everything doesn't mean that the gaps can be filled with anything we like until a scientific explanation comes along. It's much better to just say "We don't know", rather then invoking unprovable superstition.

I can see why you think it is scientific-ish, which is because it includes a couple of actual facts in the intro. The problem however is that those facts don't feed into the conclusion; so while it includes a scientific axiom, it does not have a scientific conclusion. If it does not have a scientific conclusion then the theory as a whole is no more scientific than (to use your example) "she'll be reincarnated soon. My spidey-senses tell me so".

For example, saying "E=MC^2, therefore I can fly" is no more scientifically grounded than saying "My uncle is Santa Claus, therefore I can fly", even though the former attempts to incorporate something which is real science.
Reply 65
Original post by Shabalala
What do you mean exposed as a fraud it's either that or mentally ill same with every other "medium" and their like they don't need to be exposed as a fraud they all are.

On Most Haunted, a ghost was made up and he 'became the ghost'.
He said: "Spirits told me Maddie is dead."

I'm guessing Bells and Gordons.
Well the guy does have a point, she is dead. Although he could be a bit more gentle about it.
Reply 68
Original post by Cannotbelieveit
Well the guy does have a point, she is dead. Although he could be a bit more gentle about it.

And you know this because....?
Reply 69
Two words:

Cold Reading

Was'nt he proven to be a fake sometime back ?
Original post by zara55
And you know this because....?

There's no way a four year old could survive the abuse she would have got.
Reply 71
There's no way a four year old could survive the abuse she would have got.

So you know categorically she was taken by a pedophile then? Do you have access to privileged information not known to the police?

Or are you in fact just guessing?
Original post by zara55
So you know categorically she was taken by a pedophile then? Do you have access to privileged information not known to the police?

Or are you in fact just guessing?

People don't abduct little children to be nice to them and take care of them....
Reply 73
he hosted a TV show thus must be right, how sad...
Reply 74
People don't abduct little children to be nice to them and take care of them....

Yeah, as I said, you were guessing. Maybe you could say that instead of sounding like you know.
Reply 75

well actually if you look at maternity wards, people who can't have kids have been known to steal them and raise them as their own...

Original post by Pawsies
well actually if you look at maternity wards, people who can't have kids have been known to steal them and raise them as their own...

Following on from what Pawsies said, parents who's children have died suddenly may abduct young children who look like their children in order to try and replace their children.
Not saying I have any evidence that that's what happened, but it is possible.
Reply 77
Not that I think he's correct because of his 'psychic abilities' but I do think the chances of Madeline McCann being alive are very low.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending