Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Thinking of joining TA few questions.

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi, first of all I hope this is the right place to post this could not find any other place.

Anyway

I heard that there is a test (none fitness test) and if a person scores high on the test they are asked to start/train at an higher rank?

And a question I CAN NOT get any reply's for. Where is the TA deployed too? I mean I know where the regs are sent but is the TA sent there with them? But away from the front line? What does the TA do there?

I know sorry I do know a lot about it all but I want to make sure its all right.
    Also I am going to see the TA officer tomorrow but want to make sure on the information I have.

Thanks
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've never heard of such a test - that sounds a bit dubious to me.

As for where the TA are deployed. They are deployed to exactly the same places and do exactly the same jobs as the regulars when they are there. Depending on your role, you will deploy wherever your role can work, including the very front line. The whole point is supposed to be that there is no difference once you are trained.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your reply.

I did not know that the TA acts as Reg after training, Thought the whole difference was when training is finished. So I am guess the TA is for people who want to train to become a soldier but do not have the time for Reg army training?

Thanks again for your reply.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    People will join the TA for all sorts of reasons.
    I think what prostacker meant was when TA are deployed they are attached to regular units and act in a regular role for the duration of their pre-tour training and deployment.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    A quick look at the army jobs web site at the TA section will answer all your questions.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 16, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.