The Student Room Group

Edexcel French Listening 14 may 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
I got nearly identical answers to some of you guys, must be a good sign right! I didn't think the exam was too hard, confident for an A atleast.
lol i did the paper and the higher teir on edexcel was it me or was that question on e-readers hard :s-smilie:
Reply 102
for the advantages and disadvantages of work i put: ads: the work, the journey to work. dis: hours, colleges
anyone get the same?.
Reply 103
Anyone still unsure on 9) c) the answer was: 12% of gadgets are recycled, so they are worse for the environment than books.

I personally thought that she was in a bad mood when she went there as opposed to the shop assistants. Other than that I am fairly confident of my answers.

P.S. Read some other stuff online where lots of teachers were complaining about the e-readers question as their pupils didn't know what one was! So grade boundaries should be low.
Original post by DrSL
Hope you do! :smile: How low do you want them to be?
Yeah because they like to stay "current" lol

Well, last year, listening for A* was 28/40 and A was 24/40, If they stay this LOW then i would be happy!!
Original post by osama2
for the advantages and disadvantages of work i put: ads: the work, the journey to work. dis: hours, colleges
anyone get the same?.

Wasn't the work the example? :s-smilie: For advantages I put the journey and his colleagues, for disadvantages I put the hours and the salary (sure I heard 'salaire' in there!)

As for e-readers it was an PK question in that even if you didn't get all the info, it was easier than in some other cases to put a logical answer down.

My worst one was the 'banning of mobiles in schools' one - it sounded like they all said the same :frown: The family wasn't the best either... yeah so it was great!
Reply 106
Original post by Globox
People in my year took the exam using computers. It wasn't cheating to rewind because we were told we were allowed to, and we still had 40 minutes overall like we were meant to, it just meant that we could use the time how we wanted. Like I said, I lost a little bit of time with questions 9 and 10.

Also, the answer was Annecy for sure. The first time it played I listened specifically for the location and the second time I listened just for the activities. Worked very well.

This isn't allowed. Surely the teachers at your school know??
Original post by bezabe
Anyone still unsure on 9) c) the answer was: 12% of gadgets are recycled, so they are worse for the environment than books.

There goes 2 marks :biggrin:
Original post by Alexandra's Box

Same for me, i lost those 2 marks! :angry:
Reply 109

yeah lol I wrote some rubbish about how 2 people couldnt share and e-book XD
Reply 110
hey what did everyone put for question 4? the one about samir and gad. what order did u put them in?
Original post by annnie
These are the answers I put.

1) Advantages were Journey to work, and colleagues.
Disadvantages were Salary and Working hours. ME TOO!
2)1st person - Credit for phone.
2nd person - School stuff
3rd person - Music Downloads and Clothes ERR, CAN'T REMEMBER - GOT THE CLOTHES & PHONE, I THINK!

3) (i think i got this wrong!) Nice because lots of museums, good restaurants and things to do in evening. ANNECEY - NOT SURE OF REASONS BUT WAS FAIRLY CONFIDENT

4) Gad, Nowelle, Gad, Samir UTTERLY CLUELESS ON THIS ONE - I THINK I PUT NOWELLE, SAMIR, GAD, NOWELLE?

5) Pocket money, shopping, internet and sports. GOT THESE :biggrin:

6) Shop assistants in bad mood (D)
Not welcoming (A)
Hard to get to (F?)
More expensive (C) DEFIBITLEY C.. GOT A AND F AT SOME POINT, PROBABLY THE SAME AS YOU :tongue:

7)1st person - tell each other everything GOT THIS..
2nd person - everyone has a job, never argue ...AND NEVER ARGUE
3rd person - we go out as a family ... AND I BELIEVE THIS - HOPEFULLY!

8) Rented house, walking, nice area and portugal GOT THESE :woo:

9)a You can read everywhere, you can put them in your pocket. YEP
b Are E-readers better or worse for the environment? YEP
c Got it completely wrong!!! SO DID I :frown:
10)a You can download more than 7,000 books on one machine. I PUT LOTS OF VARIETY :blush:
b) To encourage children to read I PUT A COUPLE OF BITS... SURE I HEARD 'ALLE' I.E. ON JOURNEYS BUT I DON'T KNOW...
c) Children would prefer video games to books. ****! PUT THAT SHE PREFERS THEM :angry:

These are my answers, what did everyone else get? Does anyone have a transcript?

Hi Annnie! :tongue:
The mobiles question with Samil et al was a big fat FAIL for me. But anyway, annotated with what I can remember! (Though you probably don't care anyway)

Good luck with your reading and other exams!
Original post by the A* guy
Same for me, i lost those 2 marks! :angry:

Don't worry - I bet you did fine :tongue:

Original post by Dominic101
yeah lol I wrote some rubbish about how 2 people couldnt share and e-book XD

:thumbsup: I wrote some random crap about how electrical componants could be recycled! Oh well... it was better than my mock :biggrin:
Reply 113
hey what did everyone put for question 4? the one about samir and gad. what order did u put them in?
Reply 114

:thumbsup: I wrote some random crap about how electrical componants could be recycled! Oh well... it was better than my mock :biggrin:

I wrote about how old ones couldn;t be recycled :L I have no idea why I put that, I think it was because I thought that some 'components' can't be recycled cos they have harmful chemicals in... oh well XD
Reply 115
Original post by osama2

I put samir nowlenne nowlenne gad
Reply 116
Original post by dominic101
i put samir nowlenne nowlenne gad

everyone put something else........so confused. I put nowlenne samir samie gad...:angry:
Original post by redsoup
I wrote about how old ones couldn;t be recycled :L I have no idea why I put that, I think it was because I thought that some 'components' can't be recycled cos they have harmful chemicals in... oh well XD

Better than putting nothing... a teacher said to not write anything if unsure (WHY?) and mine got angry at her :rofl3:
Original post by siddiqi360
After the exam there was a big argument between clever people....

For the deciding which city to go to... loads of people put Annecy and loads put Nice....

I put Annecy... I'm sure that's what they finally agreed on....

Also, what did everybody get for the recycling e-readers Part 1 question? They spoke quite fast!

I back an unofficial markscheme.... anyone got one?

Edit: doing Higher....

I put Nice, so did most of the people I know

It wasn't. It was Annecy... my teacher said so afterwards
Reply 119
how hard was this paper compared with june 2010?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending