Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Low blood pressure?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014

Last night and this morning I took my blood pressure

Last night it was 95/59 and heart rate 55

This morning it was 98/63 with heart rate 54

I feel fine this morning, but last night I had minor chest discomfort was more of a niggle really. Im just worried that this BP and heart rate seems to be a bit low

I have an eating disorder, my BMI is 16.8 but I do do a LOT of exercise normally. I havent this week though I wondered if that was why. I am really worrying as it seems really quite low
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Go to your doctor. First, he/she will help look at the reasons why. More importantly, your eating disorder needs some help. It's not healthy, and can really, really mess your metabolism up for years, if you don't get it checked asap!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you have done alot of exercise over a sustained period, your heart rate being that low is probably nothing to worry about. The heart gets stronger and beats more efficiently the more exercise you do. I would make an appointment to see your GP, make sure you drink plenty of water.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Last night and this morning I took my blood pressure

Last night it was 95/59 and heart rate 55

This morning it was 98/63 with heart rate 54

I feel fine this morning, but last night I had minor chest discomfort was more of a niggle really. Im just worried that this BP and heart rate seems to be a bit low

I have an eating disorder, my BMI is 16.8 but I do do a LOT of exercise normally. I havent this week though I wondered if that was why. I am really worrying as it seems really quite low
    blood pressure is highest before you go to sleep and when you wake up, so it's likely that in the middle of the day it's even lower than that (go and check)

so I would go and see a GP
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    As said go and see a GP. I have low blood pressure due to various medications and often lose my footing when I get up and hold on to the walls!

If you find anything like dizziness etc... is a problem, caffeine dilates your blood vessels which can help a lot. You can buy pure caffeine tablets or pro plus which you can halve/quarter and just take a steady dose throughout the day.

Other than that, see your GP. Fortunately low blood pressure is no way near as dangerous as high blood pressure!

I got it checked and I have right branch bundle block but apparently a lot of people can have this and exhibit no symptoms. It is not necessarily indicative of a problem. And in my case it isnt.

I had a full work up on Harley street (my father works there :p: handy huh? :p:) ECG, Echo and Full blood count. And by all accounts my fitness seems to be higher than most peoples. They also said that the low BP could be because of my low body weight and also dehydration might be a factor too.

I will go back in a couple of weeks to check everything is still ok.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 17, 2012
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.