Arsey, can you suggest how many marks I'd lose for the following stupid mistakes:
1) Q5c - I used the downward force as M*V (4*28=112) rather than M*g, then did F=ma, then SUVAT.. so I used the wrong values when doing F=ma and SUVAT.
2) Q6c - For some reason I did 7-4=4 rather than 7-4=3, so I got the distance as root(32) not 5 (I think I simply typed 4 instead of 3 into my calculator).
3) Q7c - I drew thrust acting away from the particle, then got it as a negative, then changed the above working to make the left direction positive so that it effectively acted into the particle, and got the correct answer 0.125N. So my working was dodgy, but I got the correct answer for Thrust.
oh no! For the bearings question I did 360 - 32 = 328 , not 270 + 32 :| , how many marks would I drop do you reckon? Oh and i may have left thrust as a negative number (-1/8), would that matter? Altho, i think i did put modulus signs around it so?
Edit - I also realized I only worked out the distance PG and didn't subtract that + other lengths from 3m. Would I get 3/4 for that?
First off i got a low B on C1 in jan due to slacking off :s , now i am taking C2 and M1 and i require an 86-84 in M1 and 85-88 in C2 to gain an overall A , in the M1 i had a few questions "final" answers wrong :
1. the mass in Q1 but i had the equation : MV-MU = 3.3 N how much will i lose? (i substituted the values too)
2.The moments , R was correct , AG was not i made a small mistake in the Moment EQ but i took it at A ? how much will i lose?
3. Total time : , i Had deceleration time correct but i made a mistake in calculating the Area of the trapizium the Height was wrong so T was wrong , it had 8 marks , how much will i lose?
4.Vectors final part : i got the EQ right and the time 11/4 but canceled it out i was scared.. but rest of the Question i got full marks. will i gain marks?
5. i got the Thurst value correctly because i thought its the same rule but i wrote T instead of Th but it was 1/8 will i lose marks?
off topic : C1 was hard i heard , i am afraid i need to get 90 UMS and not less in C2 since it is a retake , do u expect it to be hard? thanks for your help !!
How many marks do you think I lost if I put 150 as the total time for the car to get from point A to point B in question 4? One mark?
It seems as though I've done everything else correct based on these answers, so I'm just wondering if I can still get 100 UMS. Does anyone here think that that is likely?
Edit: For question 4 I did the working out right and used the method shown in this mark scheme, but due to time pressure, must have gotten 150 and not 155.
Arsey, for question 4c, in the last few mins or so I realised I had the wrong answer so changed it and kind of crossed through my previous working out so all I have really is 2170 = 14t, t=155 but because it was an easy paper I'm thinking they're gonna not mark kindly and only give like 2 marks since I'm sure the 8 marks compose of the method too ?