The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I can't remember this one 2 marker answer I put in there but taking that out I got 73/75 :colondollar:
Reply 61
how many marks do you think you would need to achieve for an A, B, C and D out of the 75 marks in total?
Reply 62
Original post by Prash3200165
57 1/6 or something like that

I got 56.7, not sure why I was a little off, do you think that's close enough?
I read the first question wrong. I thought it was 1 oh dear god.
Reply 64
SO annoyed. I made one teeny tiny error on 8c and got the wrong x.

seeing as 8d and e follow on from c's answer...how many marks would I lose for doing the correct method and everything just wrong values? Would it be :

1) all the marks for just getting it wrong
2) I'd get one out of two for each d and e for method marks
or 3) error carried forward so wouldn't lose marks on d and e, just c?
Woah... I think I got 100%
Didn't actually know what the trapezium rule was due to missing lessons and not really revising. Scuppered my chance of 100 but that was unlikely. Looking for 90 now. :smile:

Cheers Arsey.
Reply 67
for the question 3)c) circle my method is correct but i got the wrong y values how many marks would i lose?
Reply 68
for the differentiation if i left x as the cube root of 30/pi will i still get the full marks for x...it is an exact equivalent...or did it say to some sig figures :s
Reply 69
I couldn't work out the log question, so I did trial and error and got the right answer - if you get the right answer do you automatically get all the marks?
Reply 70
SON OF A *****!!!!

Well there goes 100 out the window!

Original post by Arsey

On the integration question, I made a trapezium out of the x values instead of the y values so I had:

(9+2)x7
---------

so the area of my trapezium was wrong :frown: How many marks would I lose? My method was exactly the same as yours though!
Reply 71
Original post by xxZazxx
for the differentiation if i left x as the cube root of 30/pi will i still get the full marks for x...it is an exact equivalent...or did it say to some sig figures :s

I don't think it asked for sig figs so it should be fine :smile:
Reply 72
Original post by ArsLongaVitaBrevis
Just looked through the paper. Full marks!!!!

Well done. I flopped on the cos2x question.
Reply 73
Original post by Arsey
C2 May 2012

Overall I think this was a very easy paper.

Q1 Binomial Expansion

Standard and no tricky b)

Q2 Logs

Standard, very easy

Q3 Circles

I expected a rearranging into circle form, the rest of the question was very easy, part d) was a joke

Q4 Factor Theorem

Very easy

Q5 Area under a graph by integration

Slightly harder than normal as trapeZia often cause problems

Q6 Trig

I thought this was pretty easy but I understand it has caused quite a few problems

Q7 Trapezium rule

Joke

Q8 Trig

Pretty standard, lots of frameworking.

Q9 Geometric series

I hope you learnt the proof.... rest of the question was straight forward.

I think the boundaries will be really high

Last few June boundaries were 62, 62, 53, 63, 59, 67 for 80ums

I will guess at

100ums - 75
90ums - 70
80ums - 65
70ums - 57
60ums - 50
50ums - 43
40ums - 36

This thread will be locked at somepoint and then unlocked at midnight following the Core 2 examination. I will upload the paper and my solutions to this post.

I will do my best to answer questions about the paper but please try to read the thread first so that I am not answering the same questions lots of times.Here are some links to previous D1 threads, they are worth a read and you will see what the common errors were...

C2 Jan 2012 - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1892666

C2 June 2011 - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1619114

The second link has loads of past papers, mark schemes, model solutions etc

Good luck.

hey....i just had a few questions....for the integration i used the wrong limits completely (they werent from the answer before). how many marks would i lose for that?...and for the perimeter of the sector i worked out triangle...how many would i lose for that?
Reply 74
Original post by oli_G
Hi Arsey, cheers for posting a solution.

For 8)c) would it be alright leaving x as the exact answer (ie the cube root of 30 over pi)?

i did the exact same thing! hope this is allowed :smile::smile:
Should be full marks, maybe a few lost for not enough working out shown
Reply 76
Original post by craycray
kajenkjnaekfjkaenf thats what i got :frown:

It was my stupid calculator :'(
I reckon i got like 54 :/ log and trig question f***** me up!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 78
wheres part a in Q3 plz
Reply 79
Original post by xxZazxx

I did the same thing.

I'm pretty sure you get the marks because it doesn't specify any sig figures but i've asked arsey.

Latest