The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
On the last question i used 5.9 instead of 5.4, how many ECF marks would i get?
And also would they mark anything that i put a line through?
Reply 81
Original post by meowcat
I calculated the perimeter of triangle instead of the sector! Haven't read the question properly... :frown: How many marks would I lost?

i did this as well, im guessing probably one mark as sector is just r x theta

and for 8, i did c right to the point of evaluating x which i got wrong, then continued to use that answer for d and e, will those be marks carried forward?
Reply 82
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!
I did remainder theorem instead of the factor one.
Screwed. :frown:
Reply 83
Original post by ArsLongaVitaBrevis
I think the prove that Sn = whatever could throw quite a few people off

I said on a couple of threads to get all over the proof as it hadn't been asked for a while... It is the only proof you need to learn on C2 so to not bother learning it properly is laziness.
Original post by 0range
SON OF A *****!!!!

Well there goes 100 out the window!

On the integration question, I made a trapezium out of the x values instead of the y values so I had:

(9+2)x7
---------

so the area of my trapezium was wrong :frown: How many marks would I lose? My method was exactly the same as yours though!

For the integration question, did no one else work out the area under the curve and subtract the area under the line?
Reply 85
A query, the proof of geometric series was 4 marks.

I listed the first few steps correctly but was not able to think of subtracting rSn from Sn.

How many marks will I lose overall?
Reply 86
On the integration question, instead of taking away the area of the trapezium, I did curve take away line and integrated that, then sub in values of x, how many marks will I get for this?
Reply 87
Original post by Prash3200165
For the integration question, did no one else work out the area under the curve and subtract the area under the line?

Did that, gets you the same answer.
Reply 88
So pissed off about the integration question. I got the area of the rectangle that needed to me subtracted as (7*2) rather than (7*1), so I got 7 less than the actual answer... even though I got the coordinates right in the first part. Stupid error. How many marks would I lose for that?
Reply 89
If you work out the value of r wrong, do you continue to lose marks in the other questions for using the wrong value of r? Nice paper though, thanks for the mark scheme! :smile:
Reply 90
I'm pretty sure I've got 74/75 on this paper (missed out the second value of cos2x)

How many UMS do people think that 74/75 will be?
Reply 91

I didn't because that was personally longer for me :frown:
but if you got the same answer then you should get full marks
Original post by Priya1027
On the last question i used 5.9 instead of 5.4, how many ECF marks would i get?
And also would they mark anything that i put a line through?

No, they don't usually mark stuff that has been crossed out
Did anyone minus the line from the curve for the integration question instead of using the trapezium method?
Reply 94

I did that as well but not sure if it's wrong due to the fact that the curve crosses at a different place or will that not matter?
Reply 95
Original post by Arsey
-

Arsey could you answer this please?

Q3. d) Circles question: I found perimeter of the triangle PTQ instead of the perimter of sector PTQ. I wrote 5 + 5 + 8 = 18. (Didn't bother reading question correctly which was stupid of me)

How many marks lost on this? It was out of 3

Q.8) C) Finding x: I wrote down x = cuberoot of 120/4pi but then I put it in my calculator incorrectly. I used the square root option with a 3 infront of it, instead of using the real option located on the calculator and got x = 9.2 right next to it as I converted it into decimals and wrote it underneath the real answer. (Very silly calculator mistake)

This question was out of 5

Q.8 D) I subbed in cuberoot 120/4pi into the equation but then again as my part c) I expanded it incorrectly with the my calculator as I totally forgot the cuberoot option and instead used the normal square root option with a 3 infront of it on my calculator giving me the wrong answer. (Very silly calculator mistake)

This question was out of 2

The only major mistakes I made were these stupid calculator mistakes by not knowing the correct cube root option...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 96
how many UMS would 71marks be?
Reply 97
Second trig question is all I messed up on I think. Probably lost another 2-3 marks though :L
Great exam though.

Easiest last question I've ever seen on a C2 paper
Reply 98

I integrated both, calculated the areas and then substracted them AND got the right answer :smile:

(Dropped another 4 marks or so by being too stupid to read the question :/)
Reply 99
Original post by Arsey
I said on a couple of threads to get all over the proof as it hadn't been asked for a while... It is the only proof you need to learn on C2 so to not bother learning it properly is laziness.

For 6 (b) are each of the 5 marks for each of the 5 x values? How many marks will i get if i only got 3 of the x values?

Latest