The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by meowcat
I calculated the perimeter of triangle instead of the sector! Haven't read the question properly... :frown: How many marks would I lost?

Did that as well, thought the question was badly framed, luckily I had loads of time left at the end, went back to check it (as it felt to easy for 3 marks), saw "to 3 decimal points" and it had the radians thing as well, so I just guessed they must be looking for the sector, not just the triangle.
i did line - curve for integration and got i think same answer but somewhere with 18x? got 343/6 ? anyone??
Reply 102
Original post by pjanoo
thanks for putting up the answers. For the trig question, I made a silly mistake and got cos2x=-1/5 rather than +1/5. I continued to work out the values using the -1/5 though, at an estimation how many marks do you think i'd lose?
2 I would say
Original post by otrivine
did you guys 364/6 something for the area

Yeah I got 343/6 :smile:
Reply 104
Pisses me off that I probably missed out on my only full marks ever by not learning some stupid proof (resit, had forgot all about that)
Original post by monstercable
Did anyone minus the line from the curve for the integration question instead of using the trapezium method?

Yes and i got the correct value Q5 right?
Reply 106
6b) My teacher said you lose a mark if you don't write 0 > 2x > 360, is this correct?
**** forgot the trapezium under the integrated curve :frown: used a triangle, how many marks do you reckon i lost? got it all right up to that point D:
Reply 108
Stupid Sn formula ruined my chance to get 100% in C2 -.-

Got 71/75, which is 94.7%. You reckon thats still 90 UMS ?
Reply 109
Original post by 0range
it was my stupid calculator :'(

same fml
got ~70/75 here from the mark scheme which i'm really happy with!
i think i'm gonna be amongst the many people who dropped all 4 marks on the GP proof question... oh well!
How many marks will I lose for doing the first 4 terms of the binomial expansion instead of three?
Original post by niklasR
I integrated both, calculated the areas and then substracted them AND got the right answer :smile:

(Dropped another 4 marks or so by being too stupid to read the question :/)

Good. That's what I did. It was quite easy doing it that way
I got the same answers for all of 8, but I'm pretty sure my method was different to Arsey's. Is there multiple ways of doing this? I felt like I did it wrong in the exam but my answers are the same.

Also, used +3 not -3 in question 1. :/ So annoyed.
Otherwise got all marks except proving the series.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 114
Original post by oli_G
Hi Arsey, cheers for posting a solution.

For 8)c) would it be alright leaving x as the exact answer (ie the cube root of 30 over pi)?

That is fine
Original post by Matt17
On the integration question, instead of taking away the area of the trapezium, I did curve take away line and integrated that, then sub in values of x, how many marks will I get for this?

i did but different method but got same answer?
Ahh how many marks would I have lost if I only found 3 values from 6B ? The exam paper was not hard at all compared to past papers.
Reply 117
Got everything right except Q6. Looking back at it now, it looks so straightforward... :angry:
Anyone want to hazard a guess at the predicted grade boundaries? If not, when do edexcel publish them?

x
Reply 119
I only missed out the stupid 90 degrees for the Trig question since I thought it should not have been included. Damn so stupid. Does that mean I will lose only 1 mark?

Latest

Trending

Trending