The Student Room Group

C3 June 2012 - Post Exam Thread - Solutions and Paper in the FIRST POST

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Dafq? 2 pages already?
Reply 41
Original post by paul272
are u serious, equation of normal, i read it as though it was equation of tangent, i guess thats what happens when u have 3 hours of sleep before the exam,so peak for me

I had 3 hours of sleep :smile: but in almost every past paper i made that mistake, so when checking i made sure and realised
What do you think grade boundaries will be?
no improvement from my first time round dammit ¬¬ what a waste of £22 :angry:
Reply 44
Original post by Mr Tough
me too, sick one :wink:

btw did you take x^-1/2 out of the brackets for 7a)

i did , but im pretty sure you get the same answer anyway

Yes, I did that too!
Reply 45
Please answer guys. For Q's 3, instead of using Arsey's method, I used the Rsin/cos (x-a) method to the answer. Will I get full marks?
Reply 46
hey arsey what about grade boundaries? what do you think 70/75 will be?
Reply 47
eurgh, i think i only got around 60/75
Reply 48
grade boundaires
Reply 49
Original post by Arsey
solutions now in the first post

Hey, you know for 7a, you can take x^-1/2 out of the brackets right?

Horrible horrible paper. Bye bye first choice uni.. that's the second impossible paper I've had this week..

Grade boundary predictions?
Thank you Arsey! Seriously, really appreciate these solutions threads.
Reply 52
messed up question 8b and c :frown: hoping I'll get some working out marks for the big trigonometry question :frown:
can you not use double angle to work out the last section to the trig question?
Reply 53
i think it was harder in comparison to jan
jan was EASY!

i think 63 for an A
Reply 54
Original post by pranav?
Dafq? 2 pages already?

hahaha pranav loool !
I ****ed it up so bad :'(:'(:'(:'( I was getting 100% on past papers but that was honestly the most difficult paper ever.
Reply 56
Original post by The_Pen
Please answer guys. For Q's 3, instead of using Arsey's method, I used the Rsin/cos (x-a) method to the answer. Will I get full marks?

If you mean for the differentiated part excluding the e^f(x) term, then yes that would be an alternate way of approaching the question and provided you still got the right answer, I cannot see a way they can fault you.
Reply 57
Woohoo! I loved it! The best C3 paper I have ever done, and thanks Arsey for the solutions. I think for 7 a) ii) I've got (80x)/(2x-1)^4, and part b) i've only got it as (cos^2(arctan(x/3))/6 or so; I mean as this is "in terms of x", I should get the marks, shouldn't I?
For 8 c) I got c=-7 instead of 7, so not much lost there - I think and hope that's an A for me :smile:
Reply 58
OMG, didnt see the x >0 for 3! but -pi/9!! still should be 100 ums :3
Reply 59
I really liked this paper although later I realised I messed up 7b, where I wrote a 1 instead of a 9. Oh well. I was write up to a point. Hopefully I only lost 2/3 marks on that question.

Thank you arsey for reassuring me. I was in a panic state for several hours after I realised that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending