The Student Room Group

C3 June 2012 - Post Exam Thread - Solutions and Paper in the FIRST POST

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Got 75 so happy my hard work payed off!
Reply 81
Well that school exams finished for this year, time to go forth and fail my music theory exam this saturday :biggrin: why did I ever decide to do grade 7... :mad:
Reply 82
Original post by Kenan and Kel
If you get a lower mark in your resit, which mark counts?

The highest mark you get counts towards your final grade :smile:
Reply 83
Overall a good paper I think, not harder or easier than any past papers...

Did anyone think Q5 a and b should have just been one 6 marker, i ended up doing a only to realise I had answered b then had to work out which part of the solution was a and which was b?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 84
I think you would lose marks "mtgrace" because asymptotes are important for that particular function.
Reply 85
Original post by Barkziee
Hiya, Q8b only 1 solution, correct method. How many mark drops?

Other than that all correct, hoping to improve on 88ums..

prob 2
Wow, Stupid mistakes have slaughtered me... The questions I debated that could of been right/wrong all came out correct, and I've lost marks for differentiating Sin3x as Cos3x instead of 3Cos3x, and also for missing the 25 when taking my max... Nether the less, it's an improvement on my January paper, so I'll take it!
Reply 87
I'm such an idiot, thought it was a tough paper tbh so did everyone else who sat it.. usually getting 100 ums, maybe because of nerves and stuff mucked up, far to many stupid obvious errors tho arghhh just want to scream... i reckon i lost according to the unofficial ms, 12 marks so about 63... which is usually an A so not to bad, A* out the window tho :frown:
Reply 88
I can't view the ms file all I get is arsseys water Mark any help please??
Reply 89
So that's the proper way to get 2pi/9 (went with the triangles but changing it from pi/3 to 2pi/3 then dividing by 3 as I didn't think to rearrange to tan :colondollar:). I realised 2.5 hours after the exam 4 was meant to be in the numerator not the denominator (1 small mistake, 6 marks lost :frown:). Although looking at arsey's solutions I don't remember that much working for 7b or that anwser, i thought it looked simpler :s-smilie:. Any ideas for grade boundaries?
I'm thinking..

100 74
_90 66
_80 58
_70 51
_60 44
_50 37
_40 30
Reply 91
I reckon I got 73/75, which I am really pleased with. :smile:

For Q's 5, I did not know where part a ended and part b began so I just did the whole thing in 1 go, is that OK?
Whould I get a B with a 56 marks
Reply 93
Original post by Brainiac
Overall a good paper I think, not harder or easier than any past papers...

Did anyone think Q5 a and b should have just been one 6 marker, i ended up doing a only to realise I had answered b the had to work out which part of the solution was a and which was b?

Yeahhh, I ended up doing b when doing a. Had to kinda fudge it! :rolleyes:
Reply 94
Original post by JordanS94
I realised that but I was like dafuq its negative... HOW!!!????? :lol:

Lol I ended up with that as well but then realised that there is another turning point shown on the graph slightly negative so it just confirmed that my method must have been correct
Damn those silly errors! Accumulated about 10 marks lost D:
Reply 96
Original post by The_Pen
I think you would lose marks "mtgrace" because asymptotes are important for that particular function.

i disagree, they do not ask you to draw them, they are helpful to help you draw the graph however.
Reply 97
Original post by meraphox
hahaha pranav loool !

lol whats so fUnny?
Omg misread last question subtracted 7 not added got 18. Ffs!!!!!!!
Reply 99
Original post by Arva
Thank you SO much for always doing these Arsey - you're the best!
What do you think the boundaries will be like?

my guess is in the first post

Quick Reply