The Student Room Group

C4 June 2012 - Post Exam Thread - Paper and Solutions in the FIRST POST

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by vc94
My solutions attached.

Seemed like a very straightforward paper - just watch out for attention to detail.

Q2: Rates of change - a simplified version of a question in the textbook!
Q6(c): Cartesian equation - various forms accepted I imagine.

thanks for posting the solutions. For question 4 the differential equations, could you predict where you think you'll get B1, M1 and A1 marks. This is because at the start of the question I panicked and integrated y to Lny. I wanted to know how many marks I'll lose because this is my only mistake on C4 paper
Reply 21
Original post by Dan12
thanks for posting the solutions. For question 4 the differential equations, could you predict where you think you'll get B1, M1 and A1 marks. This is because at the start of the question I panicked and integrated y to Lny. I wanted to know how many marks I'll lose because this is my only mistake on C4 paper

Oh God, I did the same thing- will we get any marks at all?!

Also, do you lose marks for forgetting the +C :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
How many marks will I loose if I got A B and C wrong in question one, will I get follow through marks?
It was OK, but that's what worrying me as the grade boundaries might be pretty high. If I dropped 5 marks aside from the question one mistake, do you think that's an A or a B?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 23
Possible for 65/75 to be an A? I needed like a C for a B overall which is what i need for uni but an A in c4 would be great :smile:
Anybody predict what UMS corresponds to 72/75...
I am so glad I sat this early. Totally mental blanked on all of it!!!!!
in the trapezium question it said to use three strips of equal length! How come in the solutions you used four?
Original post by Nazzy_HCrest
in the trapezium question it said to use three strips of equal length! How come in the solutions you used four?

| | | |
1 2 3 4

4 lines = 3 strips
WOW!
66 marks! IS IT AN A???
I found it quite similar as last year's june exam paper, some complicated things inside, so is there a possibility that 69/75 will equal 90 UMS? Taking into account that June C4 grade boundaries have been 68 and 67, 69 would be a good guess wouldn't it?
(edited 11 years ago)
Where are the solutions????

Btw what out of 75 is approximately a D?
Reply 31
So, What do you guys think about the boundaries? Will be dissappointed if i don't get an A*..
Reply 32
Oh my God!!!!!!! Marking ridiculously harshly I'm giving myself 69 out of 75 for the answers that differ from your solutions even though they could be entirely correct (cartesian equations etc) and the stuff I can't remember. This means unless I'm remembering all my answers wrong I should get an A* overall!!! Oh my God I love this paper!
Reply 33
mlehhh got a B :frown:
Hm. For my differential equation, I went further and took one of the Ys to the other side :/ to get 4x^2/12-3y=y. Think I'll lose all the marks for that? :/ other than that full marks :biggrin:
Reply 35
Original post by vc94
My solutions attached.

Seemed like a very straightforward paper - just watch out for attention to detail.

Q2: Rates of change - a simplified version of a question in the textbook!
Q6(c): Cartesian equation - various forms accepted I imagine.

Got exactly the same as you! Reckon this will be 100? :biggrin:
Reply 36
I did quite badly in this exam... And the majority of people finding it easy doesn't make it any better :frown: Looks like I'll be missing my offers

Oh well, better start learning how to flip burgers now
I think I got 69/75... No way is that an A*. Everyone at my school found this paper hard.
Reply 38
Original post by anuradha_d
I think I got 69/75... No way is that an A*. Everyone at my school found this paper hard.

Congrats! Well, 69 would give you over 90 UMS in all but one of the past 14 session papers, so you should at least be close enough for your C3 to push it over the boundary!
Original post by anuradha_d

I personally think that will be the boundary for an A*, look at last june papers grade boundaries and their difficulty :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending