The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE ETHICS EXAMS 1 AND 2 B603/04 Post- Exam Discussion (15th May 2012)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dancingirl
that was sooo hard!! i wrote about peaceful protests and boycotts- like martin luther king, probably wrong :/

That would get marks!
Reply 41
Religion, Poverty and Wealth:

a) What is an 'immoral occupation'?
b) Give two moral occupations.
c) Describe one Christian view about wealth. (HELP! Not sure!)
d) Explain what Christians might believe about how money can be misused.
e) "Religious people cannot be wealthy"

what did you guys put for these and did anyone do the paper b589?
Original post by chrisy:)

a) What is an 'immoral occupation'?
b) Give two moral occupations.
c) Describe one Christian view about wealth. (HELP! Not sure!)
e) "Religious people cannot be wealthy"

what did you guys put for these and did anyone do the paper b589?

b589? Are you sure this is your exam? Is that a different spec or sumting?
Reply 43
Guys did everyone read it as 'Moral jobs' as me and many of my friends listed two immoral jobs instead :s-smilie:
Reply 44
Original post by GreenLantern1
b589? Are you sure this is your exam? Is that a different spec or sumting?

well our school does B589 and b603 which is two hours but still from ocr
i guess that none of you guys did b589 so just wanted to ask you's about b603 :P
Original post by metaltron

Could someone elaborate on this question, did not really understand it :s-smilie:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 46
hope all those numbers don't confuse you :smile:
Reply 47
They don't require much detail at all. But the amount you give is no way near enough. You basically just need a line per point; not much at all. You gave barely a line. Just look at the markscheme answers my friend. I did the philosophy papers in year 11 and got full marks; I know what is needed!

I didn't actually provide any sample answer, so your mistaken.
I think that your luck in an exam has given you way too much confidence. You havn't seen the mark scheme and you are in no position to tell others how many marks they've received.
I hope you fail and get the confidence knock you so rightly deserve.
There may well be answers in previous mark schemes. However, there are always marks awarded for relevant content in the answer. You could have simply elaborated on 3 religious quotes to receive your marks.
Reply 48
Original post by GrowingNinja
Could someone elaborate on this question, did not answer this :s-smilie:

well for that one i put about how christians believe that money is a gift from god so it should be used for a good way. however for some christians this is seen as temptation to have even more money. this is why they may gamble which is wrong as that money could go to the poor. some may become greedy and not follow god's example of helping the needy but more more worried about themeselves. they may put money in front of god which is wrong.
i used bible teachings like
" you cannot serve both god and money"
" there will always be poor people in the land therefore i command you to be generous towards them"

hope this answers your question :biggrin:
what did everyone put for the 12 marker in ethics 2?? "religious people have a duty to convert other people to their religion" - or w/e it was?????
Original post by mrk.lgn
I didn't actually provide any sample answer, so your mistaken.
I think that your luck in an exam has given you way too much confidence. You havn't seen the mark scheme and you are in no position to tell others how many marks they've received.
I hope you fail and get the confidence knock you so rightly deserve.
There may well be answers in previous mark schemes. However, there are always marks awarded for relevant content in the answer. You could have simply elaborated on 3 religious quotes to receive your marks.

Not luck my friend. With supreme intelligence comes success and mostly full marks in exams :wink: Already got full marks in philosophy last year so just need like an A in this for A*. I think we know who is going to get A* and who really isn't.

Getting something wrong is no reason to get angry - must happen to you often so I don;t know what you are so surprised about!
Original post by steffan1508
what did everyone put for the 12 marker in ethics 2?? "religious people have a duty to convert other people to their religion" - or w/e it was?????

I talked about how Christianity is a proselytising religion so they agree. They feel only Christianity has the complete truth about God. Then that quote in John 14:6. Then for disagreement i talked about ecumenism and how this can be spread further to different religions Also, how missionaries now help others and show example of Jesus rather than aim to convert. Talked bout how Hindus feel there is no need to convert as often a person is serving God even if they are from a different religion. Then just my own viewpoint. May have said something about atheists; cant quite remember.

Whar about yourself?
Reply 52
:frown: On the equality section for 8c, I miss read the question as 'WHYis inequality challenged by Christians', rather than 'how'. Major mistake I know...and Im pretty worried about the impact it will have on my grade.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 53
Can someone post the human relations questions please!
For the
Explain why Christians may have different attitudes to euthanasia.
I put loads about they might interpret the Bible differently - did I answer it wrong?
Reply 55
Well it is not your opinion that matters really. The fact that they are different sections shows how it is different and more importantly the examiners believe and will follow that it is different. Enough arguing about it now; you have lost the marks just accept it.

There is nothing you can do about it now; I am sure you will still have done alright!

Some people. I have not seen a single incorrect answer in this thread. I am completely confident I will have got 3 marks. This is what I put:

Peaceful protesting against any inequality which arises in a community.
Civil disobedience until the inequality has stopped.
Take an active role by leading a campaign, such as Martin Luther King Jr or campaigning on the Internet.

You still haven't answered about the difference between respond to and work against. Therefore, I think education could be doubtful, even though I am sure you will still get a great grade, regardless of whether it counts or not.
Reply 56
Original post by R.P.Everything.
There was an instruction on the answer booklet about ruling off after each answer. Does this mean after each individual answer, or each collective 'abcde' question?

Either way, I totally forgot about that...so does anyone know how the scripts are marked (and whether mine will be disqualified for this?). I did number my questions in the margins, with 4a, 4b, etc.

my friends told me this after- i didnt even notice this instruction and the head invigliator didnt mention it- hopefully it will be ok!!
There was an instruction on the answer booklet about ruling off after each answer. Does this mean after each individual answer, or each collective 'abcde' question?

Either way, I totally forgot about that...so does anyone know how the scripts are marked (and whether mine will be disqualified for this?). I did number my questions in the margins, with 4a, 4b, etc.

I'm sure they'll mark it if it's obvious which questions are which.

Was there? :O I didn't see that.

I found Paper 1 to be OK, but the some parts of Paper 2 were quite hard.
Original post by metaltron
Some people. I have not seen a single incorrect answer in this thread. I am completely confident I will have got 3 marks. This is what I put:

Peaceful protesting against any inequality which arises in a community.
Civil disobedience until the inequality has stopped.
Take an active role by leading a campaign, such as Martin Luther King Jr or campaigning on the Internet.

You still haven't answered about the difference between respond to and work against. Therefore, I think education could be doubtful, even though I am sure you will still get a great grade, regardless of whether it counts or not.

Let's just leave this now because we are obviously not going to end in agreement but if you will note I didn't give a difference between respond to and work against because the exam paper question included 'challenge' not 'respond to' as you believe for some reason.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending