The Student Room Group

A2 wjec law -LA3+LA4 15th june+25th June 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
hows everyone feeling about the exam
Reply 41
Tbh, whilst I dont want to sound complacent or jinx anything but LA3 is an exceptionally predictable paper. Usually the same topics come up every year including the b part questions with minor variations. Saying that i still need to do some more AS revision which is rather annoying however the A2 element is only about 3 or 4 main topics that dont demand masses of detail.

At least Law is not as stressful as History and Geography have been for me this week. Lol. :smile:
Reply 42
I think the only thing I'm nervous about is the defences, as I have only really learnt special defences and insanity, intoxication, automatism, self defence, and mistake ! Not sure if that's enough !! Good luck to everyone !X
Reply 43
Original post by SD12
I think the only thing I'm nervous about is the defences, as I have only really learnt special defences and insanity, intoxication, automatism, self defence, and mistake ! Not sure if that's enough !! Good luck to everyone !X

Ahh we do LA3 Option 3 Human Rights so weve never covered that stuff, unless it should have been covered in AS! lol.
Reply 44
Original post by ~S94
Ahh we do LA3 Option 3 Human Rights so weve never covered that stuff, unless it should have been covered in AS! lol.

yes it in AS
For homicide, what you think will come up : Involuntary or Voluntary?
Reply 46
Voluntary probably, it's usually more of a discussion on general not special defences !
Original post by SD12
Voluntary probably, it's usually more of a discussion on general not special defences !

general being provocation not diminished responisibility?
Reply 48
Good luck everyone! I'm like a bag of nerves this morning lol, last minute revision and all!
Reply 49
on the brighter side at least there is 4 to choose from
Reply 50
How did LA3 go everyone?
Reply 51
Original post by JessNurden
How did LA3 go everyone?

for me think it went OK, but it wasn't as great as otgher papers i did questiobn 1+2, i really wanted to do PACE, but the selection of the magistraites question threw me:frown:
Reply 52
Original post by ndubz4lyf
for me think it went OK, but it wasn't as great as otgher papers i did questiobn 1+2, i really wanted to do PACE, but the selection of the magistraites question threw me:frown:

I did question1 and 2 too.
You could have used some of the police powers - legal aid - duty solicitor - s.58
And one of the reasons.. the police grabbed the dude, used reasonable force, s.117

I'm sure you've done fine though :smile:
Reply 53
I did 2 and 3, the one about PACE :/ I Didn't know anything about the others as just revised Non-Fatals and PACE, :frown: I didn't know part B so wrote a load of rubbish, I FAILED IT!
Reply 54
Original post by Bexda
I did 2 and 3, the one about PACE :/ I Didn't know anything about the others as just revised Non-Fatals and PACE, :frown: I didn't know part B so wrote a load of rubbish, I FAILED IT!

:redface:
I'm sure you didn't fail it.
The questions that you did do, did you feel confident on them?
Reply 55
:redface:
I'm sure you didn't fail it.
The questions that you did do, did you feel confident on them?

Not really, :frown: It was a disaster and didn't help there was people bashing chairs above the room we did it in :frown:
Reply 56
Original post by Bexda
Not really, :frown: It was a disaster and didn't help there was people bashing chairs above the room we did it in :frown:

:s
You think it went that badly?
What grade were you /are you hoping to get?
And same here!
The students/teachers in the art room next to me (we were in the study area) were dragging chairs and tables about - very distracting -.-
Reply 57
:s
You think it went that badly?
What grade were you /are you hoping to get?
And same here!
The students/teachers in the art room next to me (we were in the study area) were dragging chairs and tables about - very distracting -.-

Yeah, I made up a load of rubbish about the magistrates, but at least I gave them something to laugh about :P Happy times for them, LOL. I was hoping for a C really, as I do four subjects and its not really my most 'focused' subject in the way that English Literature, Language and Communications are more well regarded! You?
Reply 58
Original post by Bexda
Yeah, I made up a load of rubbish about the magistrates, but at least I gave them something to laugh about :P Happy times for them, LOL. I was hoping for a C really, as I do four subjects and its not really my most 'focused' subject in the way that English Literature, Language and Communications are more well regarded! You?

I wanted to do that question, but the magistrates completely made me go 'huh'
Lol.
I need a high B in both papers so I can get an A overall.
What other subjects did you do? I only took 3.
Reply 59
How did LA3 go everyone?

The part a)s were nice, but the part b)s :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest