The Student Room Group

AQA Physics A - PHYA5 (18/06/12) - Exam thread

Scroll to see replies

Hey does anyone have the paper/ms for turning points and section a?

This is the result i'm most nervous for on thursday!
Original post by number23
Hey does anyone have the paper/ms for turning points and section a?

This is the result i'm most nervous for on thursday!

We did astro mate so can't help you there. However I'm sure i remember someone posting it up. How do u think u did?
There were only 5 of us physicists in our school:tongue:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
are the grade boundaries out yet???/
^^ They'll probably be released sometime tommorow.
According to the official Twitter of AQA, they're released from 8am tomorrow morning :smile:
Reply 1866
57 for Astro, God damn we're an unfortunate bunch
Original post by Liam_W_

53 for turning points :colone:
If it wasn't for the ISA I'd have a chance at an A*, but no, 84% is only good enough for a B! :frown:
Original post by Liam_W_

I know right! WTF?

Original post by Benniboi1
If it wasn't for the ISA I'd have a chance at an A*, but no, 84% is only good enough for a B! :frown:

I feel your pain brother. Got 42, 84? Myself. Oh well at least its a high B. Good luck for tomorrow. And btw the astro boundaries are diabolic
Original post by lucky20
I feel your pain brother. Got 42, 84? Myself. Oh well at least its a high B. Good luck for tomorrow. And btw the astro boundaries are diabolic

I was counting on Astro to pull me out of the hole i dug myself in further mech/multiple choice as well:angry:

Reply 1872
The ISA's are hilarious, and shouldn't even exist. It's a disgrace that 84% for you is a B, I got 66% and got an E, thus ruining my grade. If I get 66% in the Unit 2 exam however, I get 90 UMS!
Reply 1873
Was 6T the heat capacity and 3T the electricity?
Have to agree that the ISA boundaries are actually ridiculously high. You could only lose 4 marks to get an A* and basically full marks to get full UMS...HTF do they do it?!
Reply 1875
Original post by skibur
Was 6T the heat capacity and 3T the electricity?

Both ISAs have two different topics that you can be assessed on. For 3T it is electricity and refraction, and for 6T it is SHM and heat capacity.
Can anyone remember back to the gamma ray intensity question in unit 5 exam? I remember stating I=1/x2. Ie stating the inverse square law relationship. Do you think I'd get a mark for that?
Anyone have the mark scheme?
Reply 1878
Original post by fGDu
Both ISAs have two different topics that you can be assessed on. For 3T it is electricity and refraction, and for 6T it is SHM and heat capacity.

pretty sure one of them from each is the 3x and 6x due to the difference in boundaries?
Original post by skibur
pretty sure one of them from each is the 3x and 6x due to the difference in boundaries?

no 3x and 6x are where an examiner comes in. 3t and 6t are where your teacher observes you in the practical, marks them and then AQA ask for a few to be sent to them so they can check the marking.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending