Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA CHEM 1 (unofficial) Mark Scheme

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why is it thermal cracking? I thought it was an Alkane?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    guys what grade is 36??
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    For the PV/NRT question I rounded up some answers throughout the process to three significant figures, I got the process right but ended up getting something 2.17g instead of 2.78 due to where I'd rounded up. Will they penalise me for doing this?
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Kocker could you upload the paper please?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mojojojo)
    Why is it thermal cracking? I thought it was an Alkane?
    It referred to X which was an alkene (which is made by thermal cracking)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    what is 36?? what grade is that
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    thats like a D
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sososososxc)
    thats like a D
    oh peak what did you get?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    For 2)d)i)

Do you think they would accept HCl as one of the other answers on the offical markscheme?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MediterraneanX)
    For the PV/NRT question I rounded up some answers throughout the process to three significant figures, I got the process right but ended up getting something 2.17g instead of 2.78 due to where I'd rounded up. Will they penalise me for doing this?
    Ooh that is quite a bit off, so you'll probably get 3/5 i think..
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aftab888)
    For 2)d)i)

Do you think they would accept HCl as one of the other answers on the offical markscheme?
    I don't think so - if you added HCl to that alkene, you would not have produced the alkane drawn, you would have made a haloalkane instead

I think I've done pretty well. I put catalytic cracking where I should have put thermal cracking so there's one gone. Can see a couple of other marks I'm pretty sure I've lost, but overall it went well Since that was a resit after last summer, I'm feeling quite relieved now!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think I've done better than I did in January, but it's nowhere near what I need for the unis I want to apply to. Just have to hope I do better on unit 2, and that my ISA mark pulls them up. D:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mystic Creature)
    I wrote neutralisation instead of flue gas desulfurisation..hopefully they give the mark!

Thanks for this btw
    i didnt have a CLUE for this one (luckly alread have a low A in it though) - so i wrote...... sepearation :rolleyes:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    for q.2 ii) i put down
    Rb+(g) --> Rb(g) + e-
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    made some silly mistakes :/ and surely saying just 'ionic' for 4d is wrong as it asks for the the crystaline structure so surely it would be giant ionic lattice?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wrote for question 5d that you could separate the HCl made back into hydrogen and chlorine and use hydrogen within the reaction again as the reagent.. Would that be acceptable?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samedi_)
    I wrote for question 5d that you could separate the HCl made back into hydrogen and chlorine and use hydrogen within the reaction again as the reagent.. Would that be acceptable?
    This isn't a recognised use of HCl, but you seem to have the right idea. Selling HCl, using it to make hydrochloric acid etc. will all score here, but I'm not sure that your answer will.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cuckoo99)
    made some silly mistakes :/ and surely saying just 'ionic' for 4d is wrong as it asks for the the crystaline structure so surely it would be giant ionic lattice?
    Ionic will be fine.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I did really crap in that exam.what do you think the grade boundries are guna be for the chem 1 exam?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What was the grade boundries last year???

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 13, 2012
New on TSR

Naughtiest thing you did at school

Did you get away with it or were you punished?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.