The Student Room Group

AQA A2 French- 19th JUNE 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TommyCricket
how did everyone translate 'held responsible'? I went for blamer

I put ils sont souvent consideres responables or something like that, I knew it wasn't completely right but I couldn't remember what the word was :frown:
Reply 461
Original post by Tommy11
devoir is always followed by the infinitive you didn't need to use subjunctive for expulser

The conjugated part of 'devoir' was, of course, followed by an infinitive. I think that it required 'rester', the confusion being inherent in the English: 'they should have stayed'.

The subjunctive was for a different question. I'm pretty sure you needed it for the one about expelling immigrants: 'Ils veulent que le gouvernment les expulse'.
Reply 462
Original post by languagelover
I LOVED that question and did the same as you! How much did you write? I think I did roughly 6 pages

I think I wrote about 5 or so pages, but I do have BIG writing... it was a gift of a question though!

Remember that text about algeria? there was some phrase in there about a certain company being responsible/in charge of something... I stole that cos I didn't know what else to put :s-smilie:
Reply 464
Original post by Parle à ma main
Remember that text about algeria? there was some phrase in there about a certain company being responsible/in charge of something... I stole that cos I didn't know what else to put :s-smilie:

ooh cheeky! :wink:
Original post by iyley
ooh cheeky! :wink:

Haha, my french teacher told me to always use texts if i can't think of a word. But I looked it up before and apparently the phrase is "tenu something or other" or "Blamer" etc, i think i put "mis en charge/place" or something which sounds hideously wrong, looking back on it :p:

How did you find the french to english translation? I swear the more translations i do, the more i lost my ability to write coherent english :laugh: my answer just didn't sound like "proper" english at all, reading back over it.
Reply 466
Do you think if I got about 60 in section A and wrote an essay I was quite happy with I would be able to get an A*? Or do you reckon the grade boundaries will still be like 95ish for the A*?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by livvyp
Do you think if I got about 60 in section A and wrote an essay I was quite happy with I would be able to get an A*? Or do you reckon the grade boundaries will still be like 95ish for the A*?

Not sure but bear in mind your speaking will probably pull you up as well :smile:
Reply 468
Original post by ESJWW
The conjugated part of 'devoir' was, of course, followed by an infinitive. I think that it required 'rester', the confusion being inherent in the English: 'they should have stayed'.

The subjunctive was for a different question. I'm pretty sure you needed it for the one about expelling immigrants: 'Ils veulent que le gouvernment les expulse'.

Arh i think you're right actually yeah cheers
Original post by <3 inbetweener D
it only said europeans visit the clinic didnt it?

I heard Europeans as well, I specifically listened out for that point.

same :smile:
Reply 471
if anyone has access to upload the paper that would be awesome :biggrin:
So?
I got an A, think it was about 3 raw marks off an A*, so massive thanks to everyone who helped me with the cultural topics!! :smile:
Reply 473
Original post by NickyJWatkinson
So?
I got an A, think it was about 3 raw marks off an A*, so massive thanks to everyone who helped me with the cultural topics!! :smile:

Well done! :biggrin:

I ended up with an A overall as well. 105 on Unit 3 and 48 on Unit 4. Pleasant surprise because I thought I'd messed up on the written paper!
Reply 474
I ended up with a B overall with B's in the two papers and A's in the two orals :smile:

B overall with 3Bs and one C in the A2 paper :smile:

Reply 476
A overall with AA as AS level and BB at A level :-)
Hi,
I'm studying a2 french and doing amelie for the research based essay in june 2013. Does anybody have any notes on this or any practise essays I could look at.
thanks
Reply 478
guys do any of you use kerboodle? need to ask you a massive favour.
you really don't need quotes, the occasional small one is good and the occasional word but mainly it's inter-textual references that are key. You won't lose marks for no quotes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending