The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
I ended up with a D in both topics i studied, pretty damn gutted. Gonna get them remarked though and see if i can bump it up to a C overall as i didn't feel i did as bad as getting 111/200 overall (9 marks off C). :frown:
I'm sorry to hear you didn't get the grades you wanted, are you going to do a resit next year and continue with the subject or drop it?
Also... I wanted to ask, how is it that you said the marks are out of 200 when each paper is only 60 marks each?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
UMS marks its out of 200.

I got 131 overall, 9 marks off a B overall. Doubt I will get it remarked though tbh. I thought I ****ed up Russia but it was tudors xD

This is coming from a girl who got an E in the sources paper in GCSE and still ended up with a B overall. Source papers have it in for me, even though I get A's in them in lesson :/
I failed this exam but am retaking it as I know exactly what I need to do to get my marks up :smile:
omg, if the UMS total is 200... Then I got 196 UMS from both papers o.O
...Throughout AS I really struggled, I was honestly so set on dropping history.
Have I calculated it correctly? I got 100 in one paper, and 92 in the other but my school didn't specify whether the "Mark" column was UMS or just how many marks you achieved :s-smilie:

Reply 205
Original post by I'll.Be.Back
I'm sorry to hear you didn't get the grades you wanted, are you going to do a resit next year and continue with the subject or drop it?
Also... I wanted to ask, how is it that you said the marks are out of 200 when each paper is only 60 marks each?

Will probably drop it to be honest. I'm on AAAD at the moment, so it's only History which i messed up on... will see how my remark goes and if i get bumped up to a C i may continue with it next year.

As the person below mentioned, your raw unit mark (60 + 60 = 120) is then converted into a UMS mark out of 100 (100 + 100 = 200).
Got 82 on this. Thought i ****ed it up though, quite pleased.
Reply 207
got 84, so happy xD
Reply 208
Original post by I'll.Be.Back
omg, if the UMS total is 200... Then I got 196 UMS from both papers o.O
...Throughout AS I really struggled, I was honestly so set on dropping history.
Have I calculated it correctly? I got 100 in one paper, and 92 in the other but my school didn't specify whether the "Mark" column was UMS or just how many marks you achieved :s-smilie:

Well 100 + 92 = 192, so no you wouldn't have got 196 UMS.

And your "mark" column will be UMS, because as you said, you got 100 and 92, which are numbers above 60.

I ended up doing worse in the one I felt really confident in, the Russia paper, and done my best in the sources.

I ended up getting 78% in Unit 1 and 96% in Unit 2 - tad disappointed with the first, but I'm still very, very happy!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 209
I got 86 UMS in this paper was pretty shocked i didn't think i did that well in the paper quite surprise as it certainly wasn't the eaest of papers I sat.
Reply 210
I got a B overall for History. I got 72 UMS in this exam but Im 6 UMS short of getting an A overall is it worth getting a remark?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Wildfire S A510e
Original post by derbyg
I got a B overall for History. I got 72 UMS in this exam but Im 6 UMS short of getting an A overall is it worth getting a remark?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Wildfire S A510e

Depends on how you feel you did. If you think you deserved more for the amount of effort you put in, and you feel your quality of work was under appreciated... Go for a re-mark :smile:

I got 198/200

100/100 and 98/100 on the sources one... thought I messed the sources one up!

So happy! Hopefully can get an A* :smile:
Scraped an A, got 81.5% overall

Bloody Thatcher :biggrin:
Reply 214
Really messed up this paper got 58 ums in consensus and conflict. Absolutely gutted wanted to study this in uni.
90/100 and 82/100 on Mao and CRM and Womens history. Dont know if I scraped an A or what but I was pleased haha
i am doing this in yr12 and i was wondering if anyone could send me some notes on russia to revolution unit 1 exam? thanks :smile:
Reply 217
Original post by dgdlalo16
i am doing this in yr12 and i was wondering if anyone could send me some notes on russia to revolution unit 1 exam? thanks :smile:

I would recomend you buy this book from amazon my revsion notes russia in revolution i brought one for my topics an managed to get 86 UMS A :smile:
Original post by ikz94
I would recomend you buy this book from amazon my revsion notes russia in revolution i brought one for my topics an managed to get 86 UMS A :smile:

thanks
i am slightly worried that i will fall behind in class :frown:
Reply 219
Original post by dgdlalo16
thanks
i am slightly worried that i will fall behind in class :frown:

You won't I can sssure you that as those my revsion note books have enough information needed to write an essay in an exam its accurate and precise and what i also love about those books are that they also give sample question you can practice with along with a sample A grade and a C grade answer so after testing yourself you can compare what you need to do to push ypur garde up! btw what topics are you going to study for Histroy Russia in revolution and what else?

Latest

Trending

Trending