Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Monarchy - YES campaign roll call

Announcements Posted on
    • 47 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazzini)
    I've +repped him to counteract it... Is that sad?
    Not at all.

Andromakhe, daughter of great-hearted Eetion, who ruled under wooded Plakos in Thebe-under-Plakos (or something like that ). He is SO boring and I don't think he's heard of colour.
    Andromache is a great character in later works - e.g. the Aeneid, Andromache (by Euripides), the Trojan Women. She even features in a fragment of Sappho's work. Homer just doesn't do her justice and nope he doesn't. Are you using his books then?

(Original post by cab12)
    I'm here to lend some help on pretty much anything and I am available most days.
    Perfect. You be a great addition to the debate in particular given your availability, but if there is anything you want to do, just say.
    • 47 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Metrobeans)
    Btw, you're both referring to coming weeks. I should remind you that you have 10 days.
    Nah you see Nick I'm including the actual debate and vote. That's more than fourteen days, hence at least two weeks. There's more than one week so the plural is required hence weeks. . There's method in the madness.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'd maybe like to help
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Happy to offer services.

<3 x
    • 47 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena_Laleak)
    I'd maybe like to help
    Excellent. Welcome aboard. Do you want to work on anything in particular or work as a general campaigner and supporter for the campaign?
    • 47 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LETSJaM)
    Happy to offer services.

When exactly is the referendum?

<3 x
    It starts on 25th May. Welcome aboard. Any role in particular?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to lean your way, if that's OK. I'm fairly available for the coming time.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toronto353)
    Not at all.

Andromache is a great character in later works - e.g. the Aeneid, Andromache (by Euripides), the Trojan Women. She even features in a fragment of Sappho's work. Homer just doesn't do her justice and nope he doesn't. Are you using his books then?
    Good

Yes we're using his "Greek to GCSE" books. Apparently they're the best out there. If so, I have not much hope for the rest of them.

Nah you see Nick I'm including the actual debate and vote. That's more than fourteen days, hence at least two weeks. There's more than one week so the plural is required hence weeks. . There's method in the madness.
    Yay for being pedantic :ahee:
    (Original post by Metrobeans)
    Btw, you're both referring to coming weeks. I should remind you that you have 10 days.
    Never argue with a classicist
    • 47 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jsb123)
    I'm going to lean your way, if that's OK.
    Yep that's more than ok, that's excellent! Welcome aboard. Any role in particular?
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Add me to the MP endorsements. I'll also offer whatever I can (probably more manifesto wise is where I'm strongest) but I have 8 uni exams in the next 2 weeks, so can't guarantee activity. Will do my bit though.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to lean your way, if that's OK. I'm fairly available for the coming time.
    Another TSR LD

Aside: Must. Get. Off. TSR. And. Sleep. :colone:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yep that's more than ok, that's excellent! Welcome aboard. Any role in particular?
    I'll endorse you as an MP, and I'll have a go at contributing to the manifesto, if you like. I'l generally campaign too.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:

Second Sig Banner
    • 47 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bun)
    Add me to the MP endorsements. I'll also offer whatever I can (probably more manifesto wise is where I'm strongest) but I have 8 uni exams in the next 2 weeks, so can't guarantee activity. Will do my bit though.
    Welcome aboard! Glad to be working with you again. Once we have the manifesto draft, we can develop it and then send it around. I'll add you to that section and good luck in your exams.

(Original post by Mazzini)
    Good

Yes we're using his "Greek to GCSE" books. Apparently they're the best out there. If so, I have not much hope for the rest of them.
    Remind me to write a GCSE book in a few years time. They are bad and too technical. The A level book is just a rehash of the GCSE book and is a waste of money. He could have written it in one volume.

Yay for being pedantic :ahee:
    That used to be in my usertitle until April Fools.

Never argue with a classicist
    So true.
    • 47 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'll endorse you as an MP, and I'll have a go at contributing to the manifesto, if you like. I'l generally campaign too.

I'll add you to the manifesto scrutiny team. That should start up this Friday.

(Original post by MacCuishy)

Second Sig Banner
    I like. Could we add the Queen to that banner in some way?
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    Another MP endorsement from me.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'll add you to the manifesto scrutiny team. That should start up this Friday.

I like. Could we add the Queen to that banner in some way?
    Do you want the queen instead of the royal emblem?
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Welcome aboard! Glad to be working with you again. Once we have the manifesto draft, we can develop it and then send it around. I'll add you to that section and good luck in your exams.

Thanks! Glad to be working with you again as well!. OK - Thanks.
    And thanks again - I have a 9am exam tomorrow morning which I haven't revised for yet. Oh well, it's only first year
    • 47 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MacCuishy)
    Do you want the queen instead of the royal emblem?
    It might be better as it increases recognisability. Brand image and all that

(Original post by bun)
    Thanks! Glad to be working with you again as well!. OK - Thanks.
    And thanks again - I have a 9am exam tomorrow morning which I haven't revised for yet. Oh well, it's only first year
    True, but still it shows you at what level you're working.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Excellent. Welcome aboard. Do you want to work on anything in particular or work as a general campaigner and supporter for the campaign?
    I don't mind what I'd do really, this is the first time I would have been involved in something like this so whatever you want me to do really

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 29, 2012
New on TSR

Student in a Million awards

All the results from our prize-giving night

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.