The Student Room Group

OCR B Advancing Physics in Action 17.5.12

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Didn't think this paper was too bad. The question in the middle with all the emf stuff I just couldn't do, but the rest was ok. I put 5 for the kettle (5KW sounds about right) Think I put 0.5 for the elastic :L
On the page after the elastic/kettle question there was a youngs modulus graph for a plastic (i think it was a plastic bag but not sure) and this had a strain of around 4 (i think), given that a plastic bag can have a strain of 4 before it snaps rubber must stretch more, so i think 5 seems like a very reasonable answer
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by qazwsxedcrfvrfv
On the page after the elastic/kettle question there was a youngs modulus graph for a plastic (i think it was a plastic bag but not sure) and this had a strain of around 4 (i think), given that a plastic bag can have a strain of 4 before it snaps rubber must stretch more, so i think 5 seems like a very reasonable answer

Yer... a rubber band can easily stretch to 5 times its length... I've just done it :P ... plus... it was a one cup kettle, so 0.5 KW is about right...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending