Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Accommodation booking...

Announcements Posted on
We're up for a Webby! Vote TSR to help us win. 10-04-2014
Interview Discussion 30-01-2014
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to book the Accommodation but I keep getting "Connection Interrupted" Errors, is anybody else getting these? (I.e. the server is being overloaded)
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I am, it's probably just because everyone is trying to get on at the same time.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yep I'm getting the same, probably too many people trying to access at the same time. You'd think they'd of been prepared, I mean it's not the first time they've allowed you to apply online for accommodation surely.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yep, I got half way through completing the application then it crashed! New it would!

Ah well...
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by majornongeek)
    Yep, I got half way through completing the application then it crashed! New it would!

Ah well...
    Likewise
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I still maintain they should've been prepared for everyone trying to get on at once. I've been sat for about 20 mins waiting for it to log in.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Yep. As the link appeared a few minutes before 7AM, I managed to get to the 'Confirmation Page', and it died as I pressed submit. So infuriating.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Dammit, I've got an exam this morning so I need to go.
    I hope I get the accommodation I wanted
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else get "an unexpected error occurred!" And has to try and log in again? -_-

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I get a message to say that there is a problem with the server. What they should have done, in my opinion, is to say that the portal will open sometime between the 16th and 18th of May, that would have staggered it a bit.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Or they could have gotten a better server, which I'm sure wouldn't be an issue with the extra 3k they're getting out of each of us.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    They should've just told us the day and not the time, then there wouldn't be this problem. My sister applied for her accommodation on Monday and she got straight on and managed to book without any of these problems.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I can't even get onto the website! Keep getting messages saying the page you're trying to view is unavailable or the webpage cannot be displayed :/
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Same the site still isn't working :s
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've just got it sorted

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: May 16, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.