The Student Room Group

EDEXCEL: AS Music UNIT 3 - 21/5/12

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Mburchett20
What did you get for the answers to Section C (the bit we had to analyse for the Haydn)? :smile:

iib-Ic-V7-I for the chords, sequence, appogiatura (think it was escapee though) and anticipation
Is there any chance of retaking unit 3 but with the same set works because i think i did bad :frown:
Reply 102
Original post by Salmonidae
iib-Ic-V7-I for the chords, sequence, appogiatura (think it was escapee though) and anticipation

Oh crap I put II7b :s-smilie:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by JosephGuen
Is there any chance of retaking unit 3 but with the same set works because i think i did bad :frown:

I'm sorry hunny but you can't resit any part of music unless you do the whole year again -__- I really wanted to redo my performance but no can do :frown:
Did any one think the Bach was real nasty or just me. I put it in A minor with an imperfect cadence, what did you guys get? :smile:
oh thanks what grade will i get if i got A for performance B for composition and U for unit 3? :frown:
Original post by annaliseelizabeth
Did any one think the Bach was real nasty or just me. I put it in A minor with an imperfect cadence, what did you guys get? :smile:

A minor with a perfect cadence :smile:

Original post by Salmonidae

I got exactly the same, and apparantly appogiatura is correct coz eschapee escapes, so leaves by a third :smile:
I think i got those answers for the Haydn except for the iiB. Think the four part harmony went well finished with a nice little tierce de picarde! Section B was good. How did everyone find section A? what was the answer for the relationship between the two parts (something like that on the question it was after the similarities and differences stuff). I put imitation is that correct? and for the chord i put Bb7- think its correct not sure thougg?? Hope its right!! :colondollar:
There was a question after the chords on the Haydn about a continous thing in the bass i put a tonic (tonal) pedal would that be correct?
There was a question after the chords on the Haydn about a continous thing in the bass i put a tonic (tonal) pedal would that be correct?

i wrote that as well...
yeah i wasn't sure but still put it anyway :smile:

I just wrote pedal :smile: and loool yeh id expect so!

I think i got those answers for the Haydn except for the iiB. Think the four part harmony went well finished with a nice little tierce de picarde! Section B was good. How did everyone find section A? what was the answer for the relationship between the two parts (something like that on the question it was after the similarities and differences stuff). I put imitation is that correct? and for the chord i put Bb7- think its correct not sure thougg?? Hope its right!! :colondollar:

Section A was alright surprisinly! I got imitation too! and Bb7! :biggrin:
Soo glad Schumann came up, the compare/contrast of Corelli and Berlioz was a nice one!
Original post by anuradha_d
I just wrote pedal :smile: and loool yeh id expect so!

Section A was alright surprisinly! I got imitation too! and Bb7! :biggrin:

For the instruments i put a clarinet (not for the one which said name 2 and what they play but the one after)
:biggrin:
For the instruments i put a clarinet (not for the one which said name 2 and what they play but the one after)

Yep me too! I guessed the instruments were viola and double bass (i think i wrote this and not cello) and semiquavers and crotchets or something LOL i cant remember i think that was wrong
Soo glad Schumann came up, the compare/contrast of Corelli and Berlioz was a nice one!

I KNOW! Except structure was a bit boring. Melody was a GIFT! I really wanted harmony and melody tho :/
yeah i had soo much to say for Schumann tho corelli and berlioz all you could really say for corelli was itsbinary with repeats at the end of each section and berlioz ternary saltarello/serenade/saltarello/coda! so pleased!!!!! :smile:
yeah i had soo much to say for Schumann tho corelli and berlioz all you could really say for corelli was itsbinary with repeats at the end of each section and berlioz ternary saltarello/serenade/saltarello/coda! so pleased!!!!! :smile:

Reply 119
Original post by tissue_26
Oh crap I put II7b :s-smilie:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

i put II7b as well :frown: coz i thought the Eflat is held so it's the 7th of the chord :s-smilie: what's the key of the piece:?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending