Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

F581 OCR Economics May 18th

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Last question wasn't the best 18 marks I've ever written... but the rest of the paper was very nice indeed.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    How did you guys draw the burger king diagram?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Paper was pretty good, but can anyone tell me if you can reach level 3/4 in the last question if you dont state the pros for regulation?
    i talked about what the regulation will do and said the cons, and did alternatives etc in level 4 and conclusion but not the pros.. :mad:

cheers guys
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Priti94)
    How did you guys draw the burger king diagram?
    opposite to the mcdonalds one, thats all i can remember from it!
    i think ...
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Saaaam_)
    Paper was pretty good, but can anyone tell me if you can reach level 3/4 in the last question if you dont state the pros for regulation?
    i talked about what the regulation will do and said the cons, and did alternatives etc in level 4 and conclusion but not the pros.. :mad:

cheers guys
    The pros tend to be what you say about the theory of how it works cause you're saying how it should reduce the market failure.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Amazing paper.. Easy 6 marks for the opening question, some very basic diagram questions and a brilliant 18 marker. The only one I was a little sceptical about was the YED question.. I got 0 for the USA and 2 for Japan.. Apart from that thought it was awesome!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else say that you could use regulation in more than one way?
    I said you could ban it completely or just ban fast food with over a certain % of fat in it.
    And *******s i just realised i don't think i mentioned penalties at all I said the law would have to be inforced but not how.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clare1994)
    The pros tend to be what you say about the theory of how it works cause you're saying how it should reduce the market failure.
    ah i see, think i did them then..
    if i didnt does that restrict my chances of gaining level 3/4?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    ah i see, think i did them then..
    if i didnt does that restrict my chances of gaining level 3/4?
    Possibly but as long as the theory is good i reckon you're fine.
    I didn't like the wording of the question I was like do i compare it to other methods or... At the end i came to the conclusion it's not best on it's own
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Possibly but as long as the theory is good i reckon you're fine.
    I didn't like the wording of the question I was like do i compare it to other methods or... At the end i came to the conclusion it's not best on it's own
    god, its one of those questions i either aced, or completely flopped

we'll see!
    yes i agree, i started off thinking not to compare it to other methods but pleased i did in the end
    haha yeh, just squeezed that in at the end - hope the examiner can read it because i was running out of time!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    god, its one of those questions i either aced, or completely flopped

we'll see!
    yes i agree, i started off thinking not to compare it to other methods but pleased i did in the end
    haha yeh, just squeezed that in at the end - hope the examiner can read it because i was running out of time!
    I just put in a little about tax haha
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I just put in a little about tax haha
    was that your alternatives?
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else say that you could use regulation in more than one way?
    I said you could ban it completely or just ban fast food with over a certain % of fat in it.
    And *******s i just realised i don't think i mentioned penalties at all I said the law would have to be inforced but not how.
    Yeah, I talked about regulation in many ways. The case study talked of regulation in regards to forcing information provision on fast food. I also talked about a limit on selling fast food. As long as you've said how regulation can be successful and unsuccessful in at least ONE way, that's fine.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Really disliked how the last question was worded. Because of the wording I purposely didn't mention any alternatives
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    For the 18 marker I talked about the negative externality and how regulation used tax to decrease consumption. I also wrote about information failure and that regulation made them to provide accurate information. Have I messed up on it? I thought I talked too much about tax -_-
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JOR2010)
    Yeah, I talked about regulation in many ways. The case study talked of regulation in regards to forcing information provision on fast food. I also talked about a limit on selling fast food. As long as you've said how regulation can be successful and unsuccessful in at least ONE way, that's fine.
    dam this is why i should read the article haha oh well idk
    • 43 followers

ReputationRep:
    i didn't talk about information failure
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stardust Mirage)
    For the 18 marker I talked about the negative externality and how regulation used tax to decrease consumption. I also wrote about information failure and that regulation made them to provide accurate information. Have I messed up on it? I thought I talked too much about tax -_-
    Possibly i personally didn't do much theory on tax i basically said it could be used and to get rid of the externality it would have to be set where social costs meet private benefit
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nm786)
    i didn't talk about information failure
    Me neither nor information provision.
    • 43 followers

ReputationRep:
    i liked the january paper,
    it's a shame i didn't do well in it,
    looking back at it now, it was bloody easy.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 25, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Spooky tales from this year's fright night

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.