Original post by Clare1994
mines still screwed lol

press F5, it should be ok now,
Reply 144
Original post by nm786
press F5, it should be ok now,

so it is how weirddd
Reply 145
so... everyone reckons pollution permits will come up on the 18 marker?
Reply 146
Original post by tsrmcr

quite a few people seem to yeah

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S5570
Reply 147
I was wondering can somebody give me the possible topics that an 18 marker can come up in
Reply 148
When would supply and demand both change? X

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by eawilliams
Well, I was talking to my teacher and she pointed out that Elasticites (The rise in tuition fee's for example) and Business relevance hasn't come up as an Essay for a long time, she also said it could be on Negative Externalities such as Pollution.

I've been answering chapter review questions my teacher made, they're really good at gathering all the information and you can find out the specific topics you need to practice, if you wan't please ask :smile:

If you have any for F582 that would be awesome? :colondollar:
Original post by kris3332
I was wondering can somebody give me the possible topics that an 18 marker can come up in

They're usually to do with market failure.
Past questions;
Jan 2009 - Discuss whether govts should subsidise food prices
Jun 2009 - Discuss whether taxation is the most effective solution to market failure arising from neg. externalities
Jan 2010 - Discuss whether healthcare in the UK should be provided by the govt or the private sector
Jun 2010 - Discuss whether indirect taxes on petrol and diesel fuel in the UK should be reduced
Jan 2011 - Discuss whether regulation is the most effective way of correcting market failures such as those arising from increasing carbon emissions
Jun 2011 - Discuss the extent to which a subsidy given to producers might encourage an increase in the consumption of a product such as pu'er tea which generates neg. externalities
Jan 2012 - Lines 19-28 give four ways in which the market failure arising from discarded chewing gum might be corrected. Discuss which of these ways might be the most effective in correcting this form of market failure

I find that the best way to get a high mark on the 18 mark questions is to;
Define the factors in the question (e.g. subsidy/taxation/market failure/externalities etc) and then draw the relevant diagram, linking it back to the question when you do. Then describe the advantages, disadvantages, other points and any alternative solutions. My teacher then tells us that to get into the 17/18 mark area, we should give our own opinion towards the end.
Original post by tsrmcr

when talking about pollution permits what would the alternative be?
Reply 152
Original post by LifeRocks000
when talking about pollution permits what would the alternative be?

Regulation where firms can only produce so much emission, however there's less incentive for firms in investing in ways to become more efficient. Although technically permits are a form of regulation.
Reply 153
Original post by kris3332

See:

Original post by mimx
The only topics for 18 markers are:

Taxation
Subsidies
Tradable Pollutions Permits
Regulation
Government Provision
and technically Provision of Information, but that seems a bit thin for an essay, though they can combine them.

It's always about these things effectiveness in countering market failure.
whats happenin mother bitches? i seen the paper cos im a mothertrucking education professional and i can tell you now. the 18 marker is all about happinomics. so if your nursing a semi in the exam later, enjoy!!
i love you kids and thats why i love you
xoxoxoxox
Reply 155
Original post by bionicmooseknuckle
whats happenin mother bitches? i seen the paper cos im a mothertrucking education professional and i can tell you now. the 18 marker is all about happinomics. so if your nursing a semi in the exam later, enjoy!!
i love you kids and thats why i love you
xoxoxoxox

Rightttttttt....
Reply 156
Original post by bionicmooseknuckle
whats happenin mother bitches? i seen the paper cos im a mothertrucking education professional and i can tell you now. the 18 marker is all about happinomics. so if your nursing a semi in the exam later, enjoy!!i love you kids and thats why i love youxoxoxoxox
wtf is wrong with you? :eyeball:
Reply 157
Original post by nm786
wtf is wrong with you?

Weed probably :smile:
Reply 158
Freaking out!!! So worried about the 18 marker will be on :s-smilie:

Reply 159
Original post by patra
Freaking out!!! So worried about the 18 marker will be on :s-smilie:

Hope it's not government provision that's the only one i could properly screw up on

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending