AQA MPC2 (Core 2) Exam June 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 500
c1 98, c2 90(cnt beleive it) m1 100 d1 83 s1 100 fp1 96
Reply 501
C1 - C
C2 - A
M1 - C

I should have re-taken C1, but at least it'll be easier next year (kind of)

Sent from my HTC Desire S running Android 2.3.5
Reply 502
You could have lost 14 marks and still got 100 UMS. Absolutely insane. Why are AQA making the exams harder, yet adjusting the boundaries so much that it ends up benefiting the weaker students, and not benefiting the clever ones for answering that extra difficult one.
Reply 503
Original post by mark17188
You could have lost 14 marks and still got 100 UMS. Absolutely insane. Why are AQA making the exams harder, yet adjusting the boundaries so much that it ends up benefiting the weaker students, and not benefiting the clever ones for answering that extra difficult one.

Because they have to make sure that pretty much the same proportion of students achieves each grade each time?
Reply 504
i got 100% bitchezzzzz
Reply 505
Original post by ashton.gibbs
Sorry everyone, didn't realise my dad had got rid of my scanner! So I've had to do the pictures on my phone! Hope they're okay everyone :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Hi is there any chance that you have the C3 paper of its mark scheme PLZ..
Reply 506
Anyone have the past paper and mark scheme to this? Would be very helpful, thanks :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by ummm
Because they have to make sure that pretty much the same proportion of students achieves each grade each time?

Why does that need to be the case? I think that it is a silly concept.
Reply 508
Lol, got 75 raw and might as well have not answered the last question and still for full UMS. I think ~71 for full UMS is about right, but 61 was ridiculous.
Anyone have the C2 And C3 June 2012 Paper's, please quote me them or message them to me.
Original post by nathano14
C1 - C
C2 - A
M1 - C

I should have re-taken C1, but at least it'll be easier next year (kind of)

Sent from my HTC Desire S running Android 2.3.5

Any revision advice/tips you can give : on achieving a high mark in AQA Core 2 Maths ; thanks ??

Cheers
Reply 511
I need some harder questions for C1 and C2, can someone give me a question that is difficult but still a possibility in next weeks exams. :smile:
Just done this paper as revision for Monday- I got 100% UMS (just) but I can't help but pity you poor b******* that had to wait 2 months for the grade boundaries/results to be realised, I thought I'd done terrible. At least I know it can't get any harder (famous last words)
Reply 513
Has any one got the mark scheme for jan 2013 C2 AQA and if possible would anyone be willing to give me any advice on how to do 9a and 9c.
thanks in advance
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 514
Original post by Tha Realest
Any revision advice/tips you can give : on achieving a high mark in AQA Core 2 Maths ; thanks ??

Cheers

If you want high marks in C2 the only thing I can advise is to practice everything!

I think the reason I got an A in C2 was because I was very good at the hard/higher mark questions (stuff like logs, and trigonometry). But when I was doing mock exams in class, I lost marks on the easier questions (stuff like integration/differentiation, and the arc length crap :aetsch: .

So really (and this goes for everyone), I just have to stress that you must revise every little section. Even the stuff you don't like (yes, including series!). And good luck to everyone taking this exam again :smile:
Does anyone have the January 2013 core 2 paper and mark scheme? I'm resitting it and I've done all the ones online, just this one left but can't seem to find it anywhere :smile:
Original post by Joe4567
Has any one got the mark scheme for jan 2013 C2 AQA and if possible would anyone be willing to give me any advice on how to do 9a and 9c.
thanks in advance

Original post by Dedicatedstudent
Does anyone have the January 2013 core 2 paper and mark scheme? I'm resitting it and I've done all the ones online, just this one left but can't seem to find it anywhere :smile:

I have attached the AQA Core 2 January 2013 paper and mark scheme.
Original post by SherlockHolmes
I have attached the AQA Core 2 January 2013 paper and mark scheme.

Thank you so much!! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending