The Student Room Group

AQA MPC2 (Core 2) Exam June 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Americaniamh
3/4 I'd say! I think remembering to square root was the trickiest part.

I'd be so happy if I do get 3 for it! Just hope it doesn't make the difference between an A and a B :smile:
Reply 81
FFS, did questions 1-6 Fine as, then spent 45 minutes on 8 and 9 trying to figure out wtf they wanted for Log(a/b) when i got an actual value, only to turn back the pages in the last minute to see i missed question 7 .... :angry:
Reply 82
Original post by kitkat19
was okay apart from the last question and i had no ideas how to do qeestion 8 ( make a quadratic equation to show only one root) ....did any 1 else get 222 cm sq fro are of the sector thingy and like 0.177 i think for trapezium rul? around dem values?

it's was 222 m sq and the trapezium rules wa 0.117 i think:smile:
Reply 83
Original post by Americaniamh
3/4 I'd say! I think remembering to square root was the trickiest part.

How do you know if he scored 3/4? If I put s.f. 1/10, surely thats wrong and should lost all 4 marks.
Reply 84
what did ppl get for the length of tht side of the triangle?

aroung 5 ish?
was okay apart from the last question and i had no ideas how to do qeestion 8 ( make a quadratic equation to show only one root) ....did any 1 else get 222 cm sq fro are of the sector thingy and like 0.177 i think for trapezium rul? around dem values?

I got 222 and 0.117? :colondollar:
Reply 86

aroung 5 ish?

I got 18root3

Haha my bad I thought you meant the side of the triangle to find the shaded area.

If its Q2) I got 12.5cm
(edited 11 years ago)

aroung 5 ish?

no, 12.5 i think? :frown:
Reply 88
Original post by ashton.gibbs
I got 222 and 0.117? :colondollar:

yeah i hink thts what i got...weren't sure exactly bout my trapezium one...knoe it was like 0.1 summin wid a 7 in it lol
Original post by ryanboi
I got 18root3

This.
Original post by onimusha370
For putting stretch in Y direction scale factor root 10, what do you think I'll get out of 4? So annoyed with myself for not putting stretch in X 1/root 10...

isn't it just 1/10? :frown: haha
Reply 91
isn't it just 1/10? :frown: haha

Thats what I got but apparently is 1/root10
Original post by PhoenixTear
Yup thats what I got too, don't see how its four marks though o.O

Can anyone remember what they got for the area of the shaded bit? I got around 300?1

it was four marks because you had to show it as well as explain it :frown:

and i got 222!
Original post by ryanboi
Thats what I got but apparently is 1/root10

nooooooo haha :frown:
Reply 94
nooooooo haha :frown:

I know so annoying lol hopefully the grade boundaries is low and we can still get 100UMS.
Original post by ryanboi
I know so annoying lol hopefully the grade boundaries is low and we can still get 100UMS.

I still stand by it being 1/10 anyway :wink: and yeah I hope so!
does anyone remember what they got as the equation for the line on whatever question it was? :smile:
does anyone remember what they got as the equation for the line on whatever question it was? :smile:

The equation for the curve was the integral of the equation they gave you and then +13 for "c" if thats the question you meant? i dont remember any with straight lines :frown:
Reply 98
what was the integral?
no, 12.5 i think? :frown:

Same :smile:

Quick Reply