The Student Room Group

AQA MPC2 (Core 2) Exam June 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by mulac1
I found it quite hard... didn't manage to fully answer the last Q, but did get x=1/3, and also forgot that x could be + and - root 3 for the trig. identities...

I remembered but I took a gamble for the (+or-) root 3 and only did the + value.
Reply 101
yeah I forgot that sqrt 3 could be + and - :frown: and i didnt like the log question at the end.. got 0 for that probably... :frown: been getting 100% in all past papers and i dont think i'm anywhere near for this one.
Reply 102
i wish i didn't come on her...i have got my c value as 17 which is wrong apparently, i got the integral wrong i think aswell, ive basically done ****, im so worried bout results...i wanna die :frown:
Reply 103
Original post by mulac1
on Q8 i only gave the solutions x=1 and x=root 3 (i forgot about -ve root3). That meant for the next question i only gave 2 answers, when there should have been 3...:frown: Out of the 8 marks (for the two questions a and b) how many marks do you think i will have got?

same I made the same mistake man but I know it could be minus as well but then back there in the exam my gut feeling was that you cant do (-)root3 and decided not to do -root3, too annoyed right now.
Reply 104
i got 1/10 stretch in x direction too... but im not sure if it's correct..
I practically missed like 20 of the questions. Ridiculously hard paper, I feel like crap.
Reply 106
Original post by has87

i couldnt do it in the exam, did in my head straight after, its 1/root 10. its root (1/10) which is 1/root 10
For the stretch direction could you put scale factor of 1/2 in y direction and 10 in x direction as I forgot to move the 2 in front of the log to become x squared :/
Reply 108
I hoping that the boundaries are the same or lower than was in june 2011. It is the only way i will get an A :frown:
Original post by IIgarnierII
The equation for the curve was the integral of the equation they gave you and then +13 for "c" if thats the question you meant? i dont remember any with straight lines :frown:

oh yeah thats the one i meant haha :biggrin:
This exam was HORRIFIC. Most awful exam I have ever sat in my entire life
So relieved everyone else found it the same though. What's worse is my brain was already dead as I had to do this paper straight after c1. Did anyone else have to do this?
Reply 112
If the paper was harder than june 11, then the grade boundaries will probably be around 52 for an a then or 54 if it was roughly the same difficulty
Original post by georgiaaaxo
So relieved everyone else found it the same though. What's worse is my brain was already dead as I had to do this paper straight after c1. Did anyone else have to do this?

everyone had to do this. Unless they had taken C1 in January and that is a minority
Does anyone know what the grade boundaries were for June 2011??
Reply 115
Original post by has87

I got this too 8)
Original post by GreenLantern1
everyone had to do this. Unless they had taken C1 in January and that is a minority

oh right! I hadn't seen anyone else on here say so wasn't sure. :smile:

I keep replaying the exam in my head and it makes me feel worse each time! :frown:
Reply 117
Original post by IIgarnierII
First few questions were pretty easy. 7/8/9 were horrible!

Completely work out how to use quadratics to get the y co-ordinate for the 7^x curve intersection but I used the solver on my calculator to get y=4, doubt I'll get more then 1/2 marks on that.

I got the shaded area as 222 (3 S.F).

Trig identities (tan θ-1)(sin2 θ-3cos2 θ)
(tan θ-1)(sin2 θ-3(1-sin2 θ))
(tan θ-1)(4sin2 θ-3)
tan θ=1 or +/-√3

so the tan values between 0-180 were 60,135,120.

Hopefully the grade boundaries will give a bit...

how did you get 120?
Reply 118
Original post by Gary
What do you think 60 raw marks will be in UMS?

90-100 probably!
Reply 119
Original post by jayemwon
I got this too 8)

Me three.

Quick Reply

Latest