Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should the bible (or any other religious book) be taken seriously?

Announcements Posted on
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indo-Chinese Food)
    its your that needs to start making sense - you have just stated yourself there were 6 other versions (dialects) of the quran before uthman created his version - therefore they must be original :facepalm2: What dies it matter if thet were used by tribes etc, if they were compiled by the first follwers of moahmmed. They would have been the the versions compiled closest to mohammed death- unlike teh 'standardised' version that you use, that we know was compiled a long time after. We are also told by your hadiths, that one of the early codexs used by Uthman to make that newer version (held by hasfah, mohammeds wife) was also destroyed . Why also destroy one of the original qurans as compiled by mohammeds wife - seems strange, if indeed the quran is a holy book
    Great refutation (NOT, just irrelevant "mad" post), you should've shut up the moment I pasted Academic critics who disagreed with your crap.

And wow you are deluded. Uthman didn't "create his own", he used the Dialect (Ahruf) of the Prophet(pbuh). (As i stated in bold i believe)

Look, I don't believe anyone can be this dumb. SO i'm guessing you're just acting/trying to troll. How boring.

Let me know when you comprehend basic stuff.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perseveranze)
    Great refutation (NOT, just irrelevant "mad" post), you should've shut up the moment I pasted Academic critics who disagreed with your crap.

And wow you are deluded. Uthman didn't "create his own", he used the Dialect (Ahruf) of the Prophet(pbuh). (As i stated in bold i believe)

Look, I don't believe anyone can be this dumb. SO i'm guessing you're just acting/trying to troll. How boring.

Let me know when you comprehend basic stuff.
    yh good effort at avoiding answer my question again i wont press you on that any further as it seems to have got you hot under the collar.

i can then move o to the point AJ12 raised with you in his article link, which referred to extract of the saana quan that was found in the yemen being studied in germany, which states it is older than the uthmanic dated quran, and also differs in wording of verses, orders of verses , as well as dialect.

interesting dont you think?
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    yh good effort at avoiding answer my question again i wont press you on that any further as it seems to have got you hot under the collar.
    I've refuted everything you said, but the issue is, you keep saying things that I already refuted. Like for example, you said "Uthman ahruf", when I clearly stated it was the Ahruf of the Prophet(pbuh).

You purposely waste my time. I don't have time for 10 year olds.

And here's the hafsa (which was destroyed AFTER UTHMAN'S standardized Qur'an was done) refutation -

"'Uthman had many copies prepared from this copy and sent them to various places in the Muslim world, while the original suhuf were returned to Hafsa and remained with her until her death. Later, Marwan b. Hakam (d. 65/684), according to a report in Ibn Abi Dawud, collected it from her heirs and had it destroyed, presumably fearing it might become the cause for new disputes. 'Uthman also kept one of the copies for himself. This version of the text, also known as 'Mushaf 'Uthman in fact constitutes the ijma'(consensus) of the sahaba, all of whom agreed that it contained what Muhammad had brought as revelation from Allah." http://www.sunnipath.com/library/books/B0040P0009.aspx - (Ulum al Qur'an, The Mushaf of 'Uthman)

i can then move o to the point AJ12 raised with you in his article link, which referred to extract of the saana quan that was found in the yemen being studied in germany, which states it is older than the uthmanic dated quran, and also differs in wording of verses, orders of verses , as well as dialect.

interesting dont you think?
    You mean the article that doesn't even know that Uthman was the 3rd Calpih?

Anyways, go on, show me the primary source. Act stupid again, and I won't bother replying.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perseveranze)
    I've refuted everything you said, but the issue is, you keep saying things that I already refuted. Like for example, you said "Uthman ahruf", when I clearly stated it was the Ahruf of the Prophet(pbuh).

You purposely act retarded and waste my time. I don't have time for 10 year olds.

And here's the hafsa (which was destroyed AFTER UTHMAN'S standardized Qur'an was done) refutation -

"'Uthman had many copies prepared from this copy and sent them to various places in the Muslim world, while the original suhuf were returned to Hafsa and remained with her until her death. Later, Marwan b. Hakam (d. 65/684), according to a report in Ibn Abi Dawud, collected it from her heirs and had it destroyed, presumably fearing it might become the cause for new disputes. 'Uthman also kept one of the copies for himself. This version of the text, also known as 'Mushaf 'Uthman in fact constitutes the ijma'(consensus) of the sahaba, all of whom agreed that it contained what Muhammad had brought as revelation from Allah." http://www.sunnipath.com/library/books/B0040P0009.aspx - (Ulum al Qur'an, The Mushaf of 'Uthman)
    again completly illogical - i asked why would they have the quran form the wife of mohammed destroyed - if anything it would have value of antiquity and a link to your final prophet and could have sat along side your 'standardised' version of the quran. Even from a non reigious aspect, as we hold various artifcats of religious antiquity form all over the world without it affecting whatever religious beliefs you hold.

That is of course, unless the orignal versions were differnt to the uthamn version of the quran, which then i would agree, would have caused divisions as to who is following the proper version of the quran. Then it makes sense for uthman to cnesor or destroy all other version of the quran, no?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .eXe)
    No actually the Bible (and Jesus) condones "let ye who is without sin cast the first stone"

Gamed? Yep.

Cya.
    Ah, so there's contradictions, right?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .eXe)
    Yes let's blame the bible for problems that don't even exist. When's the last time you turned on the TV and saw a story on BBC about Christians stoning an adulterer?

Never you say?

exactly.
    ... Because most Christians aren't ****ed up enough to follow the Bible to the word.

Which to be honest, actually makes them worse than literalists.

At least literalists have the balls to believe in talking snakes and donkeys.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hypocrism)
    Nope, because Christians follow what Jesus Christ taught. For us, if Jesus said not to cast the first stone...that's enough.

It's not difficult son, we are called CHRISTians for a reason.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    there are not contradictions only complementations.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K the Failure)
    ... Because most Christians aren't ****ed up enough to follow the Bible to the word.

Because you imbecile, Christians don't follow the Old Testament. Christians recognize the presence of the OT, because it is history, and it details the past and the prophecies and everything that led up to Jesus but we do not ascribe to the laws in the OT. Neither do the jews for that matter.

For F sakes how hard is it to understand that CHRISTians follow Jesus CHRIST, which is the NEW TESTAMENT.

My God, it's like arguing with illiterates.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The problem is when holy books are taken literally. Little do many realise that religion is very symbolic. People should not try and interpret stuff on their own. This is when they get the wrong ideas.

Instead they should interpret through more knowledgeable people, and OBVIOUSLY use their common sense.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .eXe)
    Because you imbecile, Christians don't follow the Old Testament. For F sakes how hard is it to understand that CHRISTians follow Jesus CHRIST, which is the NEW TESTAMENT.

My God, it's like arguing with illiterates.
    Calm down, do you have anger problems.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K the Failure)

How do you know Christians are not like that?
    Most religions always have a sect which do take a literal interpretation.
    Because when a certain group is so popular, there are bound to be differentiation and conflict.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by y.yousef)
    Calm down, do you have anger problems.
    I am calm, I just can't stand moronic and ill-informed arguments.

It's such a waste of my time because I usually have like 15 other ranting muslims to respond to, and then I see absolute gibberish like the crap posted above and it's highly frustrating.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    there are not contradictions only complementations.
    1) Stone gay people
    2) Don't stone gay people

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wtf-do-we-do-now.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	149157
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .eXe)
    I am calm, I just can't stand moronic and ill-informed arguments.

It's such a waste of my time because I usually have like 15 other ranting muslims to respond to, and then I see absolute gibberish like the crap posted above and it's highly frustrating.
    Lol.

Well just calm it. If you see someone misunderstand something. Try and 'explain' it to them, so they do understand. Because if they're barking at you, and you're barking back, it's just going to be a clash. And nothing will go in anyone's ear.

Why am i helping a non-muslim :confused:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .eXe)
    Nope, because Christians follow what Jesus Christ taught. For us, if Jesus said not to cast the first stone...that's enough.

It's not difficult son, we are called CHRISTians for a reason.
    I see.

Jesus wasn't the same god as the old testament...
    God's word isn't eternal...

One of the above has to be true. Face it, denying the old testament is equivalent to denying the new testament.

In addition, Jesus' teachings had contradictions in any case.

1) Treat everyone equal, love everyone.
    2) He who is not with me is my enemy.

Name:	Jesus_d02b0b_2582498.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	149158
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    1) Stone gay people
    2) Don't stone gay people

Name:	wtf-do-we-do-now.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	149157
    Give me the quotes in where it states that?

what about churches.
    1. homosexuality is forbidden
    2. you can get married to a gay in churches!!!!

HUGEEE CONTRADICTION.

and stop sending stupid pictures.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lol.

Well just calm it. If you see someone misunderstand something. Try and 'explain' it to them, so they do understand. Because if they're barking at you, and you're barking back, it's just going to be a clash. And nothing will go in anyone's ear.

Why am i helping a non-muslim :confused:
    ...are you serious? The **** is wrong with you?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Give me the quotes in where it states that?

what about churches.
    1. homosexuality is forbidden
    2. you can get married to a gay in churches!!!!

HUGEEE CONTRADICTION.

and stop sending stupid pictures.
    Stone people, old testament, almost every chapter.
    Don't stone people: given above (something about being sinless before you're allowed to stone people, always comforting to know that you're given the ability to kill if you're a GOOD BOY)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ...are you serious? The **** is wrong with you?
    i'm joking idiot.

Why take everything serious?

NO ONE HERE KNOWS HOW TO HAVE A LAUGH! :indiff:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 29, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.