The Student Room Group

CCEA M1

Did anyone on here do this today? Seems like everyone's either Edexel, AQA or OCR.

Scroll to see replies

I was resitting, I was really confident going in but I messed up with the reactions on the ladder question, and I couldn't tell if my last question was perfect or far from it. Not sure if I want to look at a mark scheme or not!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 2
Original post by North Irelandman
I was resitting, I was really confident going in but I messed up with the reactions on the ladder question, and I couldn't tell if my last question was perfect or far from it. Not sure if I want to look at a mark scheme or not!

Yes that last question was tough enough. I had about 3 different versions and answers on my page, one of which I know is right. Just hoping they'll ignore the other 2!

I'm hoping the marks get scaled up a good bit near the top? I was hoping for high 90 UMS but I think I lost a mark or 2.
Original post by CD315
Yes that last question was tough enough. I had about 3 different versions and answers on my page, one of which I know is right. Just hoping they'll ignore the other 2!

I'm hoping the marks get scaled up a good bit near the top? I was hoping for high 90 UMS but I think I lost a mark or 2.

I spent my extra time on the stone collision question, annoyed I couldn't have done it quicker in the end.

What answers did you have for the last question if you don't mind sharing? I'm not sure about M1 scaling, I'd say that was a harder paper than most others; all of my past paper attempts were ~93/6 but I can see that being a 90 or even 80s, but hopefully not. I got 80 last year and was really hoping for an easy paper to full-mark but I guess it wasn't to be, oh well, revision for M2 as well I guess.

Reply 4
Original post by North Irelandman
I spent my extra time on the stone collision question, annoyed I couldn't have done it quicker in the end.

What answers did you have for the last question if you don't mind sharing? I'm not sure about M1 scaling, I'd say that was a harder paper than most others; all of my past paper attempts were ~93/6 but I can see that being a 90 or even 80s, but hopefully not. I got 80 last year and was really hoping for an easy paper to full-mark but I guess it wasn't to be, oh well, revision for M2 as well I guess.

I got 7gdg\dfrac{ 7\sqrt{gd}}{g}

Which obviously could cancel down a little bit further, however I was silly at the time. Did your raw marks not get scaled up at all last time? I agree that was harder than some of the others. Especially the January one, it was unbelievably easy.
Lads this paper was abit of a joke, so much harder than any past paper, not sure anyone in our school got the last part of the last question.

Personally i lost 6 marks on last probably 3 on stones and 3 on ladder question as i put the 800n force 1m from A instead of 1 m from B.

How does the scaling work?
Reply 6
Original post by Crooked fingers
Lads this paper was abit of a joke, so much harder than any past paper, not sure anyone in our school got the last part of the last question.

Personally i lost 6 marks on last probably 3 on stones and 3 on ladder question as i put the 800n force 1m from A instead of 1 m from B.

How does the scaling work?

The paper was typical but it was the last part of the last question that threw people.

If it was a hard paper and marks were lower than usual, it will get scaled up accordingly..
Hey these are the answers I got: can someone please say how many marks you reckon I've got. I didn't really check with anyone.

This was a resit. My last attempt in a word. Dreadful. 50% like.

1. P = 1.6N, Q=0.614N

2. acceleration = 3.58ms-2

3. i) speed = 11ms-1
ii) average force = 660N

4. i) u=7ms-1
ii) COMPLETE MIND****. ended up getting 10/7seconds in end. *SPENT THE LAST SIX PAGES OF MY BOOKLET TRYING TO WORK THIS OUT NO JOKE

5. i) t^2 - 10t + 21 ms-1
ii) 3seconds or 7 seconds
iii) 1/3t^3 - 5t^2 + 21t
iv) 42 2/3 m

6. 281.422N
iii) Mu=0.2962

7. ii) acceleration =g/5 ms-2
iii) sqrt(gd)
iv) i got 0.8 LOL i know thats wrong. needed g and d.

Please tell me I've got over 50%, and roughly what you think I may have.

(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by richard11235
Hey these are the answers I got: can someone please say how many marks you reckon I've got. I didn't really check with anyone.

1. P = 1.6N, Q=0.614N

3. i) speed = 11ms-1
ii) average force = 660N

4. i) u=7ms-1
ii) COMPLETE MIND****. ended up getting 10/7seconds in end. *SPENT THE LAST SIX PAGES OF MY BOOKLET TRYING TO WORK THIS OUT NO JOKE

iii) 1/3t^3 - 5t^2 + 21t
iv) 42 2/3 m

6. 281.422N
iii) Mu=0.2962

iii) sqrt(gd)

Near enough what i got except the ladders question which i lost 3 marks on as i put the 800n force in the wrong place you got it right though!

and for 5 iv) i got 11 1/3
what grade am i sitting on roughly would you say. This sounds good.:biggrin:
what grade am i sitting on roughly would you say. This sounds good.:biggrin:

depends on scaling and all but id say high b or low a
:eek: OMG!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!
Reply 12

1. P = 1.6N, Q=0.614N

3. i) speed = 11ms-1
ii) average force = 660N

4. i) u=7ms-1

iii) 1/3t^3 - 5t^2 + 21t
iv) 42 2/3 m

6. 281.422N
iii) Mu=0.2962

iii) sqrt(gd)

4 part ii). You found their displacements at time T and set them equal to each other. i.e the first ball had time=T and the second had time=T-1.

5 part iv). Was this the total distance? I got 11 1/3m after checking twice. Integrating the v-t graph and adding the magnitude of their displacements.

The last part I got what I said above, I think a few others got the same. Should have cancelled down the sqrt g though.
(edited 11 years ago)
I know I won't know how I've done as we havent got the results yet and scaling happens.

But could someone give me a rough value of /75 and roughly what UMS that would be. I have a UMS calculator want to work out roughly what I need in C2 resit to get A at AS. Please, and sorry for being random, just like to have something to motivate me during the exam lol. And this does give me a break from revision lol. How do you think i did CD315, roughly the same as what Crooked fingers suggested?
Reply 14
I know I won't know how I've done as we havent got the results yet and scaling happens.

But could someone give me a rough value of /75 and roughly what UMS that would be. I have a UMS calculator want to work out roughly what I need in C2 resit to get A at AS. Please, and sorry for being random, just like to have something to motivate me during the exam lol. And this does give me a break from revision lol. How do you think i did CD315, roughly the same as what Crooked fingers suggested?

The only thing I can see wrong is what I suggested. Also it depends on how well you answered, for example if you didn't write 'Using conservation of momentum' or 'Momentum before = Momentum after' in that question, you lose a mark. Similarly in some of the resolving questions; if you don't write 'F=ma' you'd lose a mark. CCEA are being bitches this year in terms of silly marks.
61/75 + method marks for wrong answers. Rough UMS value?
you lose a mark for not saying conservation.....

**** YOU CCEA

WHAT YOU THINK WE DRAW m1u1+m2u2 = m1v1 + m2v2 out of thin air

fuuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.
Reply 17
Thats probably around 80?
OMG i got 50 last year!!

1. P = 1.6N, Q=0.614N Same as me

2. acceleration = 3.58ms-2 Same as me

3. i) speed = 11ms-1 Same as me
ii) average force = 660N Same as me

4. i) u=7ms-1 Same as me
ii) COMPLETE MIND****. ended up getting 10/7seconds in end. *SPENT THE LAST SIX PAGES OF MY BOOKLET TRYING TO WORK THIS OUT NO JOKE Agreed this was a nasty one. Every answer i've heard is different!

5. i) t^2 - 10t + 21 ms-1 Same
ii) 3seconds or 7 seconds Same
iii) 1/3t^3 - 5t^2 + 21t Same
iv) 42 2/3 m Didn't get this, I probably did it wrong!

6. 281.422N Same
iii) Mu=0.2962 Same

7. ii) acceleration =g/5 ms-2 Same
iii) sqrt(gd) I wrote 3.13d but so i'll lose a mark. You're right!
iv) i got 0.8 LOL i know thats wrong. needed g and d. LOL @ this question

You've defs got over 50%, maybe even an A! haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending