The Student Room Group

Are bullet points/numbers acceptable for the short answer qs or do they

..have to be paragraphs?

I don't have a teacher as I'm going this alone and I've only heard contradicting opinions on this, so are we allowed to answer like "suggest two reasons" like

Or do you have to go
One reason that something does something is because something.
Another reason that something does something is because something.

?? help greatly appreciated thank you
Reply 1
Which exam board are you studying for?

With OCR, I know that you cannot use bullet points as you gain marks for written communication. If this is AS level, I very much doubt you can get into the top mark band without using paragraphs, so it's easier to just do paragraphs if you aren't sure. You can always just structure your paragraphs with "One reason..." and the second with "Another reason..." if that if your problem with paragraphs?
Reply 2
Original post by Scatach
Which exam board are you studying for?

With OCR, I know that you cannot use bullet points as you gain marks for written communication. If this is AS level, I very much doubt you can get into the top mark band without using paragraphs, so it's easier to just do paragraphs if you aren't sure. You can always just structure your paragraphs with "One reason..." and the second with "Another reason..." if that if your problem with paragraphs?

I'm quite glad that in the end I decided to use paragraphs then :-)
Reply 3
I lost marks in January because I had used bullet points so when I re-took my SCLY1 yesterday I used paragraphs. Bullet points should be acceptable for short answer questions. Not to mention there is a lack of time in that exam as it is.

Just write two sentences for each just to be safe.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending