Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OCR GCSE Citizenship: Identity etc.

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    So, first exam was today! What'd you lot think? Hard, easy? Want any reassurance?
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deaddocumentry)
    So, first exam was today! What'd you lot think? Hard, easy? Want any reassurance?
    I thought it was easy - that's why getting involved with the Model House of Commons and United Nations here on TSR helped me in the exam!

I surprised myself and had a lot to write about for the essay question. The scenarios (Section B) and a couple of the Section A questions through me but I answered them anyway.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was alright. I thought a couple in section A weren't as obvious as I'd of liked them to of been :P Also I don't think I learnt about Community Cohesion...so that threw me a bit but looking at my revision book now it looks like I got something along the right lines anyway I was also really surprised with how much I wrote for section C, I usually struggle with them questions but today I had to ask for more paper! haha
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I only finished at the last minute, felt I struggled with the Section A questions. What do you think you got?
    I hope I get a high A... But I doubt it!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah section A questions were more difficult than they have been on the practice papers I've done, I did guess a couple... I kinda hope I got a high A or a low A* cause I got an A* in my coursework and it would be awesome to get one overall. I don't think I did though....I did kinda make my answers up as I went along and kinda guess stuff....
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You probably did fine, good luck! Not best way to start exams but hey-ho... I'll try not to dwell on it too much.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, good luck to you too! So far I've only done 2 exams and I'm already dreading results day!
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    For The first one I put (iv) what did you put?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by multiplexing-gamer)
    I can't even remember the question to that one! Nor the answer!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xAlice95)
    Thanks, good luck to you too! So far I've only done 2 exams and I'm already dreading results day!
    Feeling's mutual!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know the grade boundaries on the coursework? i got 22/30
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    I can't even remember the question to that one! Nor the answer!
    It was about what should a political member do whats most important if gained power (along those lines) and I put to elect relevent party members or summit. I deliberated with "to protect human rights" also.
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    Im looking forward to it
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by multiplexing-gamer)
    I can't remember, I either put the one about protecting human rights or the about choseing someone to represent them if elected...I kept changing my mind and I can't remember which one I did in the end...

I hate it when I can't even be confident to the answer of the first question! haha
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Bling)
    I'm not sure the grade boundries but my friend got 27 and my teacher said it was A/A*...
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xAlice95)
    I can't remember, I either put the one about protecting human rights or the about choseing someone to represent them if elected...I kept changing my mind and I can't remember which one I did in the end...

I hate it when I can't even be confident to the answer of the first question! haha
    It was a stupid question as they were both equally important and subjective to different people's ideologies. But if you think about it, you can vote for a dictatored party which would jeopardize human rights (such as Communists), therefore I chose against the human rights one as some people dont believe in them. I thought about writing that but the mark scheme just says (i) etc, so I wouldn't get any credit
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Bling)
    Mine was out of 40 but if out of 30 it would be every 10%. So A* = 90%, A = 80% and so forth.

You would of got a B!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Mine was out of 40 but if out of 30 it would be every 10%. So A* = 90%, A = 80% and so forth.

You would of got a B!
    Ahh thanks. Its out of 30 because i'm doing the short course.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 16, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.