The Student Room Group

WJEC Hospitality and Catering Unit 2

Sooo...

How did everyone think it went?

I was pretty happy with it! There were a few awkward questions i found though, especially when it asked about "how you would promote the hotel as environmentally friendly when...serving". The last question was okay, just a bit long winded though.
Reply 1
I thought it was ok, the majority of the questions were pretty easy and i felt I was able to try and gain marks for stuff I didn't really know a lot about as there wasn't many factual questions e.g temperatures or anything like that. I felt the serving question was awkward aswell, what did you put for that? My catering teachers thought the paper overall was pretty reasonable apart from the last question
Reply 2
Original post by phippsyc
I thought it was ok, the majority of the questions were pretty easy and i felt I was able to try and gain marks for stuff I didn't really know a lot about as there wasn't many factual questions e.g temperatures or anything like that. I felt the serving question was awkward aswell, what did you put for that? My catering teachers thought the paper overall was pretty reasonable apart from the last question

I just put things such as use items that have been made from recycled materials (e.g. serviettes), it was the only thing that popped into my head. For the last one, i just discussed the importance of communicating with suppliers/customers and discussed about the implication of a guest having an allergy etc. Then regarding record sheets, i just mentioned booking forms and stock control sheets.
I found it paticually hard compared to the other ones, im actually gutted because catering is my strongest subjects! i found that i ran out of time and there actually wasn't alot of room for the answers!! I would of preferred the more factually based ones. My teacher said they thought it was quite hard and compaired to the mocks i think i did pretty bad! I just hope they lower the grade boundaries :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by _Morsey_
Sooo...

How did everyone think it went?

I was pretty happy with it! There were a few awkward questions i found though, especially when it asked about "how you would promote the hotel as environmentally friendly when...serving". The last question was okay, just a bit long winded though.

hey, do you know what the approximate grade boundries are, i checked the website and for the 2011 exam 57 was an A*....is this how your teacher marked the mocks? my teacher said 72 was an A*; I think shes confused with the UMS. website: https://www.wjecservices.co.uk/MarkToUMS/default.aspx?l=en#
Reply 5
Original post by cake936
hey, do you know what the approximate grade boundries are, i checked the website and for the 2011 exam 57 was an A*....is this how your teacher marked the mocks? my teacher said 72 was an A*; I think shes confused with the UMS. website: https://www.wjecservices.co.uk/MarkToUMS/default.aspx?l=en#

My teacher didn't really mention anything about UMS marks when doing our mocks, she just marked them and told us 90% was A*, 80% was A, 70% was B, 60% was C etc
Reply 6
Original post by _Morsey_
My teacher didn't really mention anything about UMS marks when doing our mocks, she just marked them and told us 90% was A*, 80% was A, 70% was B, 60% was C etc

Yeah thats exactly what my teacher did, but the grade boundries for the 2011 paper were so low - 71% was an A* (57/80)... well that makes it better anway!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7
overall i thaught the exam we good!... there were a few questions i didnt really like especially the last question and the environment question and the 6 marker on microwaves :L. i was really pleased that HACCP came up and the airline meals :smile:
Reply 8
I found the exam questions especially easy but i didnt get good marks because of the nature regarding wording of them. i got an f but this shocked me as the questions didnt throw me and i can write pretty well, any tips
Reply 9
Can we all write down as many questions as we can remember and then we can all discuss them now? Exam nerves guys. Oh and not the ones we've already mentioned please!
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending