The Student Room Group

Not sure whether to drop physics or chemistry for A2?

At the moment, both my grades and how much I enjoy each subject is pretty equal so I was wondering you guys opinions, I heard A2 physics is considerably harder than A2 chemistry? What are your thoughts?

Thank you
Reply 1
Original post by WoopWoop1212
At the moment, both my grades and how much I enjoy each subject is pretty equal so I was wondering you guys opinions, I heard A2 physics is considerably harder than A2 chemistry? What are your thoughts?

Thank you

Everyone at our school says that A2 Chemistry is harder than A2 Physics, but that's just a matter of opinion really. Do you study mathematics aswell? What are you looking at read at university?
Original post by SBarns
Everyone at our school says that A2 Chemistry is harder than A2 Physics, but that's just a matter of opinion really. Do you study mathematics aswell? What are you looking at read at university?

Optometry, but I've checked on UCAS and most uni's prefer maths and biology and one of physics and chemistry so they don't mind which one out of physics and chemistry :s-smilie: and yeah I also do maths and bio
Reply 3
I'm doing both at A2 and really the difficulty in both is pretty much the same, although with Physics grasping concepts can be difficult, which isn't a big issue with Chemistry.
Original post by sampras16
I'm doing both at A2 and really the difficulty in both is pretty much the same, although with Physics grasping concepts can be difficult, which isn't a big issue with Chemistry.

Yeah thats how I felt also at AS but it seems that because physics's concepts are a bit more difficult you don't really get as much of those annoying "out of specification" questions as you do with chemistry
Reply 5
Optometry, but I've checked on UCAS and most uni's prefer maths and biology and one of physics and chemistry so they don't mind which one out of physics and chemistry :s-smilie: and yeah I also do maths and bio

I do A2 Physics and A2 Maths, and in my view I don't think there's a particularly big jump between AS and A2 Physics, certainly not content wise. It is a bit more 'mathsy', but if you've done any mechanics modules in maths it's easier than that, in my honest opinion. Have you looked at the actual content for A2 Chemistry/Physics? If you're getting similar grades in each and universities don't mind which one you do then you should do the one that you prefer - so have a look at the A2 specifications and see which one you fancy more. Obviously don't make your final decision until results day - you never know what can happen.
thanks everyone
Reply 7

Thank you

Personally I wish I could've dropped chemistry for A2 and I really enjoyed physics and found it a lot easier
Reply 8
my older friends descibed physics as 'impossible' lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending