Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GCSE AQA Food Technology 16th May 2012 Thread

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the computer question would have been better if it had said just for research but it was about researching products already on the market so that ruled out questionnaires ect.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    yeah!!
    I forgot to add "cook pasta" in my flow chart LOL! I wrote alll the stages except that one -.-
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh no! I didn't have to put about cooking the pasta because I was doing canelloni made with fresh pasta so it just baked in the oven with the rest of the dish.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    The paper was alright, bit hard. Just didn't have enough detail for all the marks allocated for each mark.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ahh! I done pasta bows so that my pasta appealed to children haha
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    For the modified starch question I put about people who are coeliacs and so therefore it'd be gluten free flour etc within products so they'd be able to consume it? idk lmao.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    That exam was so strange.. The E question I was like *derp* also the one about preservatives and the last question. I read the time wrong in that exam I thought I had 20 minutes left so I started rushing through the paper super fast to find that I had 45 minutes *Face palm* but I wrote so much bull hope fully I gained sum marks I really need an A !
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reecito)
    For the modified starch question I put about people who are coeliacs and so therefore it'd be gluten free flour etc within products so they'd be able to consume it? idk lmao.
    Oh I thought that question was about pre-gelatinised sauces like cup a soup and angel delight?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123xxx)
    Oh I thought that question was about pre-gelatinised sauces like cup a soup and angel delight?
    Yes, that's right, just checked my revision guide .
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catastrophe)
    Yes, that's right, just checked my revision guide .
    Okay, thanks!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I honestly don't think I did great.

When it asked for a plan I did a flow chart

It doesn't looks too good for me.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elfandwonderful)
    I honestly don't think I did great.

When it asked for a plan I did a flow chart

It doesn't looks too good for me.
    Don't worry, i think a flowchart would be marked as correct, its only a different format to a table, as long as you have the method, time, temp, health and safety and quality control checks it s fine !
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I thought this exam was quite ridiculous as there wasn't much knowledge in it at all, it was more just common sense questions about food which I lack in *sigh*
    The really complicated and sophisticated things I revised for really hard didn't come up at all.
    The test was too easy that it made it hard
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I put that the 400g E meant Estimated weight, but I think it might have been European Standards.
    I think the standard of the exam was harder than last years, this was my resit from last year
    But last year I did no revision at all and came out with a B and was made to resit
    I got an A* in the coursework so Im hoping to get a high A or A* to be able to get an A* overall.
    I think the grade boundaries might be lowered this year because alot of teachers complained about them being so high
    fingers crossed
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    Heyy,

The 400g E does mean estimated weight
    Modified starch i put angel delight and gravy granules!
    That last question was painful...
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    About the cultural and religious views.... wtf how much can you say about Halal meats and pork being sacred. I actually put something about how in China they eat dog, so manufacturers cannot use certain ingredients that are popular in some cultures as if dog was served in England people would be outraged. Im funny
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    There are rumours going around that if you get an A* in your coursework and get a high B in your exam you will get an A* over all.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123xxx)
    Probably! I'll be disappointed if I get less than in the mock. Have you got your internal controlled assessment marks yet? My school won't give them to us incase they change lots
    Yes we did , i got 88/90, but quite a few got 90/90 looks like high grade boundaries coming up! :eek:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mia_hilton)
    Yes we did , i got 88/90, but quite a few got 90/90 looks like high grade boundaries coming up! :eek:
    Well done- that's such a good mark! I hope I can get close to that. I'm sure the grade boundaries won't be higher than 88/90 for the CA though.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey, im doing this exam as a mock exam next week. is it possible anyone could tell me what to revise for and/or what questions are on the paper?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 17, 2012
New on TSR

'Stalking pages' have changed!

Find other uni applicants with University Connect

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.