The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Accommodation Offers 2012/2013

VERY dissapointed.

Wanted Rosser en-suite, on campus, at the hub of things.

Been given Alexander Halls, on the seafront, out of reach of everywhere.

Pissed off with Aber majorly.

Anybody want a swap?

What has everyone else got?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Sorry you didn't get Rosser, do you still hav en-suite in Alexander halls?

I am happy as I got the Rosser en-suite which I wanted, really look forward to being able to accept it in August when we get our aber e-mails and licence packs and then moving in in september :smile:
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Reply 2
Hi, I got Cwrt Mawr, I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing though xD
Sounds good
Reply 3
Original post by Ddraig Goch
Sorry you didn't get Rosser, do you still hav en-suite in Alexander halls?

I am happy as I got the Rosser en-suite which I wanted, really look forward to being able to accept it in August when we get our aber e-mails and licence packs and then moving in in september :smile:

Yeah got en-suite, but seafront was my 9th choice. Did not expect to be living 15 mins up a hill from campus for the first year.

Apparently, all returners have been allocated to PJM and Pantycelyn, so at least it will be all fresher.

Congrats on Rosser :smile:
Reply 4
I got Trefloyne :smile: anyone else? What's Trefloyne like?
Reply 5
I got Cwrt Mawr, so glad im on campus :biggrin: yay
I got Cwrt Mawr, which I'm thrilled about as it's my first choice hall. :h:
Original post by Jabberwox
I got Trefloyne :smile: anyone else? What's Trefloyne like?

Here's a video tour of a Trefloyne flat from the AberInsiders on Youtube. :smile:

Reply 8
I got Trefloyne too. At first I confused it with the one that starts with a B, the one off campus and got a bit upset :biggrin:. But I think Trefloyne is good. I watched first minute of the video on the accomodation page and that room at least had a sink in it, which is good.
Reply 9
I got cwrt mawr which was my preference, so I'm happy- on campus, big kitchens, sinks and a bar!
Reply 10
Original post by Reffariiii
got en-suite, but seafront was my 9th choice.
How was it your 9th choice? I thought you couldn't choose a hall just en suite or non ensuite.

If you wanted rosser and you've been given ensuite then its effectively giving you your first choice even though its not what you really wanted. Probably going to be more people in the same boat and I think people do swap around so I wouldn't worry.
Reply 11
Original post by ysgwrn
How was it your 9th choice? I thought you couldn't choose a hall just en suite or non ensuite.

If you wanted rosser and you've been given ensuite then its effectively giving you your first choice even though its not what you really wanted. Probably going to be more people in the same boat and I think people do swap around so I wouldn't worry.

But you could place seafront in rank order.

I'm just aprehensive that I'm not going to be such a part of things, as its not close to the main campus.
Original post by Aek-94
Here's a video tour of a Trefloyne flat from the AberInsiders on Youtube. :smile:

Thank you :biggrin: room looks pretty big with plenty of space so I'm really content with what I've got :smile:

Original post by Elevant
I got Trefloyne too. At first I confused it with the one that starts with a B, the one off campus and got a bit upset :biggrin:. But I think Trefloyne is good. I watched first minute of the video on the accomodation page and that room at least had a sink in it, which is good.

Think Cwrt Mawr and Trefloyne are practically the same, just Trefloyne is slightly quieter and less party-fied (from what I've heard anyway) and I believe all standard singles have sinks :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Jabberwox
Think Cwrt Mawr and Trefloyne are practically the same, just Trefloyne is slightly quieter and less party-fied (from what I've heard anyway) and I believe all standard singles have sinks :smile:

It's nice that it's not very party-y. I for one don't like parties, so they put me in the right hall. Maybe they are sycick :biggrin:?
Reply 14
I got ensuite in rosser, so happy to begin with i didnt want to be on campus wanted the sea front but will be so much better being on campus now that ive made some friends who will be in trefloyne and cwrt mwar
Reply 15
But you could place seafront in rank order.

Kept a copy of my form and there wasn't any option for ranking campus or seafront. :frown: Did another form come with your unconditional?
Reply 16
Original post by ysgwrn
Kept a copy of my form and there wasn't any option for ranking campus or seafront. :frown: Did another form come with your unconditional?

No its probably me thats wrong then. Still, dissapointed, but having slept over it, it doesn't sound as i first thought.

The acctual rooms and stuff are more than fine, its just the distance from campus that worries me, and don't wan't to left be out the 'social hub' type thing.
Reply 17
got rosser en suite which i wanted, v happy!
Reply 18
No its probably me thats wrong then. Still, dissapointed, but having slept over it, it doesn't sound as i first thought.

The acctual rooms and stuff are more than fine, its just the distance from campus that worries me, and don't wan't to left be out the 'social hub' type thing.

The seafront is only a 15 minute walk from campus and after the first week or so everyone will go out in town any way as will be bored of the student union think yourself lucky your not going to be stuck in a bunk or twin room, surely thats a plus
Reply 19
Original post by AberGal
The seafront is only a 15 minute walk from campus and after the first week or so everyone will go out in town any way as will be bored of the student union think yourself lucky your not going to be stuck in a bunk or twin room, surely thats a plus

Yeah thats true. The more I think about it, the less horrific it sounds, just the early dissapointment of not getting my first choice.

But like you say, could be much, much worse :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest