Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Quran Imperfection and it's implications?

Announcements Posted on
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fuze-mo25)
    im not perfect and i dont believe anyone can honestly say they are.

but getting to my main and only point. If you've read the bible jesus clearly, Jesus says in the bible "Do not do it! I am a fellow servant with you and with your brothers the prophets and of all who keep the words of this book. Worship God!"

SO THAT IS THE MAIN LESSON FROM THE BIBLE!!!!!

so how could you call yourself a follower of christ who u so dearly love when you go against his main idea.

there are so many other arguments i could put forward but i just don't see the need.
    Wow fail on your part because you are forgetting that Jesus called himself a servant because on earth, as a human being, that's exactly what he was.

He wasn't God on Earth. Jesus is God, but when on earth he came as a man "the son of man" <-- that's mentioned in the Bible numerous times.

He came as man for 3 reasons:

1) to relate to us
    2) to die. God cannot die...if he died then he wouldn't be God anymore. Jesus had to be a man and die in order to resurrect. God cannot resurrect...because God cannot die. Follow the logic?
    3) to teach us first-hand

When on earth he was a man and thus a servant of the Lord. When he ascended back into heaven following the resurrection it says he is seated at the right hand of God (Hebrews 12:2). On the left hand of God is the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Trinity (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) are thus one.

It's not that difficult a concept really.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Florrick)
    :rolleyes:@ emboldened.
    This entire quote is not referenced.
    Lol instead of picking random sentences, why don't you post the entire quote?

Preceding the sentence you quoted it says: "What Al-Mubarakpouri forgets to mention is that the Banu-Quraiza had loaned their weapons as well as their shovels and picks to Muslims so they could dig the trench and defend themselves."

The quote you mentioned is to be read in context. Obviously the quote you posted is not saying "all 1.5 billion muslims" stab people in the back.

It's to be read in context. the Quraiza fellows had lent the muslims their weapons/shovels, etc and those muslims used those weapons against them.

You of all people (a muslim) should know this more than others. Muslims are always blaming others for not reading in context...look what you did.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .eXe)
    Lol instead of picking random sentences, why don't you post the entire quote?

Preceding the sentence you quoted it says: "What Al-Mubarakpouri forgets to mention is that the Banu-Quraiza had loaned their weapons as well as their shovels and picks to Muslims so they could dig the trench and defend themselves."

The quote you mentioned is to be read in context. Obviously the quote you posted is not saying "all 1.5 billion muslims" stab people in the back.

It's to be read in context.

You of all people (a muslim) should know this more than others. Muslims are always blaming others for not reading in context...look what you did.
    Doesn't change the fact it is not referenced.

Of course, it isn't generalising Muslims. Silly me.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .eXe)
    Wow fail on your part because you are forgetting that Jesus called himself a servant because on earth, as a human being, that's exactly what he was.

He wasn't God on Earth. Jesus is God, but when on earth he came as a man "the son of man" <-- that's mentioned in the Bible numerous times.

He came as man for 3 reasons:

1) to relate to us
    2) to die. God cannot die...if he died then he wouldn't be God anymore. Jesus had to be a man and die in order to resurrect. God cannot resurrect...because God cannot die. Follow the logic?
    3) to teach us first-hand

When on earth he was a man and thus a servant of the Lord. When he ascended back into heaven following the resurrection it says he is seated at the right hand of God (Hebrews 12:2). On the left hand of God is the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Trinity (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) are thus one.

It's not that difficult a concept really.
    this is whats wrong with christianity you made up your whole argument now, none of this is said by jesus himself. we muslims believe he ascended to god too but before he "died". we believe he is a servant of god too and he is up in heavens right now. so were are u getting this idea hes god?
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Florrick)
    Doesn't change the fact it is not referenced.

Of course, it isn't generalising Muslims. Silly me.
    Yeah I know, word 8 in line 16 is also not referenced....your point?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perseveranze)
    No it doesn't. This is a really stupid statement.

1. Iran is a Shia nation, 90% of Muslims don't consider Shia to follow the correct Islam. Most academia don't either, especially since their sources derived much later than the Sunni sources.

2. Iran doesn't even implement the Shia's version of Shariah properly, they also mix constitution with their laws.

Maybe some Iranian can shed more light, as I'm not as well versed in Shia theology.
    I don't give a flying monkey's arse about specifics. Islam is not a positive force in this world right now. It may have been at some points in time, but contemporary Islam is not.
Updated: May 17, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.