Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Thomas cook long haul flight!

Announcements Posted on
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    So I'll be in a Thomas Cook long haul flight for ten hours. I've heard they are torture. Anyone had any experiences with them?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Funny you mention them. I booked a long-haul flight with them today.
    From what I've read, the food & drink service is very basic, there isn't much legroom, and obviously no individual screens. But they were by far the cheapest option for my route :/
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    The longest flight I've had with them was only 2.5 hours and it felt like about 10 hours so good luck!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Basically sounds like a long-haul Ryanair flight... Great.

Where are you flying to with Thomas Cook, OP? I'm going to Havana, Cuba in early June.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    There are individual TVs on Thomas Cook long haul A330s but not on the 767s.

Cuba is operated by the A330
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vindobona)
    Basically sounds like a long-haul Ryanair flight... Great.

Where are you flying to with Thomas Cook, OP? I'm going to Havana, Cuba in early June.
    Im going to Mexico! I'm going with my girfriend, friend and his girlfriend. We looked at Cuba and decided against it last minute.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea but i could be give the best suggestion to you .You can contact the travel site.For More information you can click cheap flights to Sydney
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm going on a #10hr flight this summer to Cuba. I think it's Thomas Cook we're going with
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    if you won't have any inflight entertainment just take a good book and a games console, i had a cheap 9 hour flight last year with no individual screens...

Me + Nintendo DS =

just take your own entertainment
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Left Hand Drive)
    So I'll be in a Thomas Cook long haul flight for ten hours. I've heard they are torture. Anyone had any experiences with them?
    Where are you flying to? why did you choose them?

Thomas cook is a charter airline-in other words: BUDGET! so it will all be very basic and maybe some torture....

Ive never flown a charter or low budget airline and dont plan to! unless I need to get to a place where major airlines dont fly....

All my travels have been on major airlines and I have elite status with star alliance, skyteam and oneworld.

I dont even plan to work for a budget or charter airline in the future!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cool pilot dude)

Thomas cook is a charter airline-in other words: BUDGET! so it will all be very basic and maybe some torture....

Ive never flown a charter or low budget airline and dont plan to! unless I need to get to a place where major airlines dont fly....

All my travels have been on major airlines and I have elite status with star alliance, skyteam and oneworld.

Thank you for that insight into your evidently privileged life. Unfortunately not all of us are blessed with the funds needed to book expensive airlines.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJM13)
    Thank you for that insight into your evidently privileged life. Unfortunately not all of us are blessed with the funds needed to book expensive airlines.
    Uhhh listen bud,

I wasn't showing off and Im not a rich person who flies first/buisness class (though I get upgrades sometimes because of my elite statuses)

and you think flying a low cost airline is cheap?! you can see them scamming you infront of your face with all their charges.....

Also, I beleive in flying quality than quantity.... Free food (though the first isn't too great), free miles, free baggage etc.... what more can you ask for!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I flew thomascook to Cuba hava couple years ago it wasn't great but. Wouldn't say torture - they had individual tv with choice of films and tv, food not great but you can purchase snacks, u shouldn't be worrying about the flight anyway u are going to have an amazing time !!!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I had an 8 hour flight on Virgin but I'm guessing it's pretty much the same? Practically no leg room, our seats were near the toilets and you think that parents of small children would have some common sense and not take their kids on flights which last 8 ****ing hours. That being said you'll probably have your own TV where you can watch movies or listen to the radio. We got meals and snacks and the air hostesses are really friendly. Bring a book, iPod, Nintendo etc so you don't get bored and if possible maybe book an overnight flight so you sleep.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Left Hand Drive)
    Im going to Mexico! I'm going with my girfriend, friend and his girlfriend. We looked at Cuba and decided against it last minute.
    Nice! I went to Mexico with my girlfriend in April, for 3 weeks. It was awesome I'm sure you'll have a great time.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cool pilot dude)

Mexico. Because they were affordable.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 20, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.