The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Religious Studies B Unit 2 (Religion and Life Issues)?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by whoopli
June 2010 was 55 for an A* so i'm still hopeful!!

Another question on abortion was about quality of life and sanctity of life the difference and religious views about it
and 2 circumstances when a woman can have an abortion in the uk

was it 55 out of 72? because this syllabus began last year I think. I would like all the questions up so that I can estimate the marks I would get.
Original post by whoopli
June 2010 was 55 for an A* so i'm still hopeful!! Another question on abortion was about quality of life and sanctity of life the difference and religious views about it and 2 circumstances when a woman can have an abortion in the uk
I did that paper and gave it to my teacher and got 47/72 and that was a C. Are you sure about that grade boundary?
Reply 22
The timing on R.S. exams is so stupid. It's more physically demanding than it is mentally!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 23
Original post by Sarah_vely
Are we allowed to talk about the exams? cuz for edexcel exams, u r not allowed until the midnight

Yes, you are :smile: (originally I was asking for revision help but no-one replied til they'd done it haha!) If you check the 'rules' it says it's ok for AQA, OCR and some other one because they're only UK-based, so are all done at the same time.
Reply 24
Original post by whoopli
June 2010 was 55 for an A* so i'm still hopeful!!

Another question on abortion was about quality of life and sanctity of life the difference and religious views about it
and 2 circumstances when a woman can have an abortion in the uk

I found that one really difficult, about the difference between sanctity and quality of life! Just made a load of it up loool
Original post by Sarah_vely
I would be happy if we could have more time. the questions were not too hard but I did not have enough time to write everything I wanted to. I hope the grade boundary is low so that I can get an a* haha How did you find it?

I hope the grade boundaries are lower as well, considering I'm taking it for A level. I thought it was ok but they could have put better questions so that we could have included more religious teachings. Luckily I managed to finish on time with a few minutes to spare but I know some people who didn't get to finish either. Don't worry, hopefully we'll both get A* :smile:
Original post by voodoo_child
I found that one really difficult, about the difference between sanctity and quality of life! Just made a load of it up loool

I said that quantity of life is what someone's life is like and about, and it is how good someone's life is. It considers many factors such as economical, educational and social factors and it is often used as argument for a abortion on the grounds of disability because they say that abortion affects the qaulity of life. Christianity teaches that all life is sacred and god created us all, meaning that we all deserve a equal qaulity of life and thats why they often end a babies life it is wont have this. Sanctity of life is the belief that all life is valuable, special,should be repsected and sacred and this is used against abortion. It is used against abortion as religions believe that life is sacred, and has a right to live and therefore abortion, as a denial of this right is wrong, which is why most religions promote people not to have abortion as shown in the teaching 'You shall not murder'

do you think this will get all of the marks ? i hope so:frown:
Reply 27

I said one affects the other, i.e. people who believe that they are sacred (sanctity of life) would be have a good quality of life. Hindus would claim that everyone has a good quality of life due to an atman, the spark of Brahman, that would help them to live happily.

Do you think I made valid points?
when it said when does law allow abortion

i said whe the women has been raped or is at danger, but it must be before and up to 24 weeks?
Reply 29
Original post by Aarongreatbanks
when it said when does law allow abortion

i said whe the women has been raped or is at danger, but it must be before and up to 24 weeks?

I think you would've had to be more specific when you said 'at danger' because it's not clear what you mean, but it's only one mark anyway so it's not that big a deal if you don't get it

I wrote
- If the mother's life is at risk
- If the mental/phsical health of her exisitng children are at risk
- The foetus will be born with a severe disability.

It was 2 marks,, I think
For quality/sanctity I wrote :

Quality of life - measure of fulfillment, the kind of life the baby will have
Islam : You shall not kill your child for fear of poverty
Shows Islam do not believe quality of life should affect abortion generally.

Sanctity of life : Life is god given, therefore it is precious and should be preserved.
Christianity : Surely you know you are God's temple, and if anyone destroys god's temple, god will destroy them.
Meaning we have been created by him, preserve life.

I didn't say : S.O.L - abortion should not be allowed, as life should be preserved.
And for Sanctitiy : and now we will make human beings in our image would have been better.
OMG it said leave space
Reply 33
Original post by shyamshah
I did that paper and gave it to my teacher and got 47/72 and that was a C. Are you sure about that grade boundary?

Hi I think so, I double checked again
http://web.aqa.org.uk/UMS/index.php
I did the ums converter for june 2010 RE B unit 2 - number 40552 and checked the june 2010 past paper and it has the same number
55 marks was 90 ums on there

It says 48 marks is an A

(hope that is right so perhaps this test boundaries for this one could be as low!) :smile:
Original post by whoopli
Hi I think so, I double checked again
http://web.aqa.org.uk/UMS/index.php
I did the ums converter for june 2010 RE B unit 2 - number 40552 and checked the june 2010 past paper and it has the same number
55 marks was 90 ums on there

It says 48 marks is an A

(hope that is right so perhaps this test boundaries for this one could be as low!) :smile:

That is good to know, thank you very much :smile: feel a lot more confident. Yeah hopefully the grade boundaries are as low as that :smile:
Reply 35
I found it quite difficult to relate the teachings I knew to the questions they asked, while forming a well structured answer in such a short time! I was writing till they said stop!

It was 66/72 to get an A* in June 2011 and I am not confident if the boundaries stay up like that!

But that isn't good . LOL
Reply 37
Original post by Exam_Questions
But that isn't good . LOL

obviously -.-

Quick Reply

Latest