The Student Room Group

Racist housemate is bullying me

Scroll to see replies

Original post by scorpion95
How is from what you said of her ignoring you can you class that as bullying or abuse?? Just because she doesn't like you and ignores you that isn't bullying or abuse, get over yourself and carry on with your life it's no loss to you there are other people out there that will chat to you etc, she ignores you = you ignore her problem solved she acts like you don't exist you act like she doesn't exist win win situation

don't play the race card, so what if she doesn't like brown or black people thats her choice and her right to either like them or not, the race card is getting so so old now it is getting beyond a joke

people shouldn't be forcing people to like brown or black people etc if they don't want to, it's like religion, no religion has the right to force their religion on others whether they have a religion or not so why should people be forced to like brown or black people etc, its basically the same your forcing something onto someone else which isn't at all right

Of course her housemate doesn't have to like her, but to actively dislike her and socially exclude her because of the colour of her skin is unacceptable. It is unacceptable because her skin colour is not a personal choice; there is nothing she can do about it. It's not 'pulling the race card', don't be a fool; she's made it clear that she will not talk to her because of her race, it simply is a race issue. It is also not the same as disliking someone because of their religion - although IMO that would still be wrong, religion can be opted in or out of in most cases, the OP cannot opt in or out of her skin colour.

You are a perfect example of ignorance and why racism is still an issue - it's because of people like you declaring that it's perfectly acceptable. Should it also be okay to treat someone with contempt because they have a disability they were born with and cannot change?

Lastly, from what I gather the OP is half white, half black, so this bigot in her house cannot even identify with the half or him/her that is white - that's just plain idiocy. All she sees is "not white". Bloody hell, she'd make a good Death Eater. Definitely a Slytherin too. Not seen such a bad case of pure blood mania since Voldemort took over control of the Minstry of Magic. :colonhash:

Edit: I'd like whoever negged me to give a good reason for their neg.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 61
MUAYYYYYYYYY THAIIIIIIII KICKK TO HER FACE!!!!!

Seriously, if people are still delusional enough to act in such a manner then they will not be getting very far in life, at all.
Don't let the actions of one person ruin your experience of being at university and all that comes with it.#
Bring home loads of ethnic friends and congregate in the living room/kitchen so you can make her uncomfortable :smile:
Reply 63
Original post by ThumbsUp
Even though racism is wrong on all levels, you did drag it out of her. It's not like she came up to you on day one and said 'I don't like you because your not white' and then verbally and physically started abusing you. Even though its a sad situation, she was to an extent, quite civil about her stupid prejudices, so it was neither bullying nor abuse, it was simply an unfortunate situation for you to be in.

**** all the negs you're just mad that I'm right, and the fact that OP has virtually no proof getting this girl in trouble is probably annoying you all even more lmao. As I basically said, you just need to move on OP, I've been to an all white school for 2 years and I'm not white at all, I know some people don't like me because of the colour of my skin, but I don't make them say it and then call it bullying and do you know why? Because that's giving in to the hate.

:s-smilie:
Chatting utter **** seems to be a hobby of yours.
Reply 64
use hidden recording device or camera, get her to say something totally racist and then show flat mates or the dean if u really want
Reply 65
Meh, it's not bullying. In fact far from it. She never said anything derogatory about your race as in inferiority, just said 'she didn't like you people.' Leave the close minded bitch and let her be, don't talk to her.

All she said was that she doesn't like people of a different colour, she's racist that's for sure and I don't condone it in any way, but that's not bullying, bullying is a form of discrimination, prejudice+power, yeah she's prejudiced, but she has no power over you, therefore she's not bullying you.

Anyway avoid her like the plague. Not worth talking to those ignorant types, if she avoids you, then really that's the job done already.

Oh and to all those people making stereotypical black jokes, I'm pretty offended. Because doing that to piss her off is being the bigger person and obviously showing that OP has been affected, be normal and just get on with it. :rolleyes:
(edited 11 years ago)
You should stand outside her door blasting Tupac and eating fried chicken and watermelon, whilst saying phrases such as "dang", "sh*t" and "that is whack". That will really p.iss her off, the stupid bint.
Original post by ThumbsUp
Even though racism is wrong on all levels, you did drag it out of her. It's not like she came up to you on day one and said 'I don't like you because your not white' and then verbally and physically started abusing you. Even though its a sad situation, she was to an extent, quite civil about her stupid prejudices, so it was neither bullying nor abuse, it was simply an unfortunate situation for you to be in.

**** all the negs you're just mad that I'm right, and the fact that OP has virtually no proof getting this girl in trouble is probably annoying you all even more lmao. As I basically said, you just need to move on OP, I've been to an all white school for 2 years and I'm not white at all, I know some people don't like me because of the colour of my skin, but I don't make them say it and then call it bullying and do you know why? Because that's giving in to the hate.

It's sad how much neg this post got, I agree 100%
Its hardly bullying if shes choosing not to talk to you. If anything, she tried to protect you from her ignorance by ignoring you. Just move on and continue to ignore her too.
Reply 69
Original post by History98
This is the kind of mentality that had my home country locked in apartheid for over 40 years, why should he just avoid it?

If someone ignores you its not really a massive deal, yes its inconvenient but it isn't going to change your life. And really I don't see why she cares its ridiculously trivial. Oh no someone ignored me lets go get them kicked out of uni..
Original post by pr0view
If someone ignores you its not really a massive deal, yes its inconvenient but it isn't going to change your life. And really I don't see why she cares its ridiculously trivial. Oh no someone ignored me lets go get them kicked out of uni..

You are really downplaying this issue man.Now if it was me I probably wouldn't report this to the University too, mainly because the university can't really take action against this, and even if it could, I don't think the b**** deserves to be suspended or expelled, what she needs is education.

What I would do, and what I advise the OP to do, is start a discussion like this one on a social networking site like Facebook ( preferably on the University page ) with the perpetrator's name clearly stated and her profile clearly tagged.I'm sure the OP would receive a lot of positive support from his peers and would soon forget all about this incident.As for the abuser, she would also have the opportunity to defend her views and would be judged on that basis.PROBLEM SOLVED :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Please report her to your university.
People like her do not deserve the privilege of a place at university, they will contaminate others.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending