Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hair making me feel really low

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm a girl and I'm asian so this might be relevant to my problem.

Basically I have quite dark hair growing all over my body. They are really visible... On my arms and legs are the darkest, on my face, its on my back, on my stomach and on my boobs. I know it sounds digusting and this makes me really want to cry because I don't know what to do.

I keep my body fully covered. The hair on my face doesn't seem to go off easy with waxing strips anymore and are really difficult to pluck them out with tweezers. There are some really coarse hair to. The hair also grows back REALLY fast and I like see them again in 4 days I stopped waxing and use bleach but that really doesn't work anymore.

I've been to the doctor and had a blood test but there wasn't a high level of testerone but the levels of estrogeron and testerone where very low. The doctor said I didn't have POS and there was not much she could do. I really felt like dying after she told me there because that was really my last hope of solving my hair problem.

I know I'm going to get some troll comments but this is really affecting my self esteem badly... I just sat and looked at my hair infront of the mirror for 2 hours instead of revising

Please help!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What about laser hair removal? Doesn't that permantly remove excess body hair? I'm not sure though.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wordjunkie)
    What about laser hair removal? Doesn't that permantly remove excess body hair? I'm not sure though.
    I would love to but I dont think i have the confidence plus my mum would not let me. She thinks its normal :mad:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have a friend with this problem, she never wears anything other than long sleeves and has confidence issues. I think she uses hair bleach to lessen the problem, and uses special sensitive removal cream for her face.
    It's probably not financially viable, but if it really bothers you could you try laser hair removal? I have no idea how well this actually works though!
    I know its hard to feel self conscious and upset about appearance and other issues, but try to focus on your revision!
    Thats the best advice I can give, hope it was some help to you
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Get a second opinion.

I discovered that I was diabetic but "not diabetic enough" for the NHS to care.

Hormone treatment isn't off the shelf so you'd need a doctor's approval. Maybe go Private if you can afford it?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geology.is.gneiss)
    I have a friend with this problem, she never wears anything other than long sleeves and has confidence issues. I think she uses hair bleach to lessen the problem, and uses special sensitive removal cream for her face.
    It's probably not financially viable, but if it really bothers you could you try laser hair removal? I have no idea how well this actually works though!
    I know its hard to feel self conscious and upset about appearance and other issues, but try to focus on your revision!
    Thats the best advice I can give, hope it was some help to you
    Does she use Jolen bleach? and what is this "special sensitive removal cream"?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flyingclouds12)
    Hi I'm a girl and I'm asian so this might be relevant to my problem.

Basically I have quite dark hair growing all over my body. They are really visible... On my arms and legs are the darkest, on my face, its on my back, on my stomach and on my boobs. I know it sounds digusting and this makes me really want to cry because I don't know what to do.

I keep my body fully covered. The hair on my face doesn't seem to go off easy with waxing strips anymore and are really difficult to pluck them out with tweezers. There are some really coarse hair to. The hair also grows back REALLY fast and I like see them again in 4 days I stopped waxing and use bleach but that really doesn't work anymore.

I've been to the doctor and had a blood test but there wasn't a high level of testerone but the levels of estrogeron and testerone where very low. The doctor said I didn't have POS and there was not much she could do. I really felt like dying after she told me there because that was really my last hope of solving my hair problem.

I know I'm going to get some troll comments but this is really affecting my self esteem badly... I just sat and looked at my hair infront of the mirror for 2 hours instead of revising

Please help!
    I am in exactly the same position but I am very pale white (nearly as pale as you can get) with extremely dark hair all over! It really gets me down too and I used to be bullied for my facial hair. I use Nair Sensitive hair remover on my upper lip and I just try and hide the rest but I fully understand what you mean and can sympathise!

How bad is it? I have hair in those areas (also asian) but its kinda fine on boobs and back (still noticable if you get close enough)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    How bad is it? I have hair in those areas (also asian) but its kinda fine on boobs and back (still noticable if you get close enough)
    Uhm quite bad when NOTHING works too
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flyingclouds12)
    Does she use Jolen bleach? and what is this "special sensitive removal cream"?
    I honestly don't know, but I'll ask her for you
    You know you can get hair removal cream for legs? She says she has some for 'sensitive areas' which includes underarms and face, but again I dont know the brand.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alotties)
    I am in exactly the same position but I am very pale white (nearly as pale as you can get) with extremely dark hair all over! It really gets me down too and I used to be bullied for my facial hair. I use Nair Sensitive hair remover on my upper lip and I just try and hide the rest but I fully understand what you mean and can sympathise!
    Sorry to hear that, it's really mean that you got bullied for that.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geology.is.gneiss)
    I honestly don't know, but I'll ask her for you
    You know you can get hair removal cream for legs? She says she has some for 'sensitive areas' which includes underarms and face, but again I dont know the brand.
    I be greatful if you ask.

And btw do you notice her dark hairs after she uses this? :O
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    I totally understand. Although if the hairs are genuinely coarse (like pubic type) then that's definitely not 'normal' and I'm not sure what you can do except save up for laser treatment. Surely arms and legs you can wax? Face you can thread (eyebrows and other facial). Moustache/stomach just bleach or hair removal. Back you'll probably just have to leave but that's the easiest thing to hide really. I have it similarly but hopefully it looks worse to you than it does to other people. I mean, mine are very obvious if you're looking but I doubt random people on the street are caring or noticing so that's the first thing to remember.
    xx
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried using an epilator? Like for your face/arms etc.?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darshi25)
    You guys should definitely go for laser. I have done it for a year now, and I hardly have any hair growing! I even stopped now. You go every 4weeks and it doesn't hurt after 2 sessions.
    And DON'T use hair remover cream. It makes you itch and the hair grows back thick.
    Hair removal cream makes your hair grow back faster? I only used it twice (stopped after it burnt a little patch on my skin lol) and couldnt really tell difference on my arms.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jazzykinks)
    Have you tried using an epilator? Like for your face/arms etc.?
    I used this epilator: http://www.braun.com/uk/female-groom...lk-epil-7.html
    I didn't really think it work because it tended to cut the hair. I used it on my arms too and I found that no hairs get pulled it near shoulders.

I dont think there is a epilator for the face...? Cant seem t find one
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I had laser hair removal but found it took a long time for just a small area of hairs, and was quite painful too! I wouldn't think that's your best option. Probably waxing would be best, because if you do it enough times the hair will stop growing back, or grow back a lot thinner. I've tried waxing on my legs and it's really good, lasts a long time if done properly. Also, whoever said you should eppilate your face is a freakin idiot. That would hurt like hell!!!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey I can totally relate, I'm asian and my black hair means that I have the most horrible legs and arms (plus the eczema bruises on top, it's not a nice sight in the summer). It's not so noticeable on the rest of my body unless you get really close up which doesn't bother me. I normally just shave my legs, I've been told that shaving your arms is a bad idea because the hair just grows back thicker and your arms get stubbly so I've learnt to live with it (plus the hair isn't as coarse as the hair on my legs).

At least you don't have dry skin and dark bruise patches all over your legs like me! It may be that you're thinking the condition is much worse than it actually is; sometimes I get paranoid over the hair on my body too but my friends say I honestly look fine, and from a distance it's hardly noticeable. Sometimes if we stare at our own bodies too much, we get a bit deluded because we start point out all the flaws.

Just a suggestion, I can't say for definite as I don't know the extremity of your problem, but if it is really getting you down then definitely try out some of the treatments and products that other people have advised! ^^
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GdotL)
    What do you mean you couldn't tell the difference? Didn't the hair scrape off? You have to scrape/scrub it quite hard to remove it, the cream just weakens the bond. Anyway, you'd have to wax your arms not use cream (the area is too big!!)..especially if you have hair all the way up to your shoulders...like me...¬_¬
    Sorry what I meant by telling the difference was that the hair growing back even thicker
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Being an asian girl, I understand your problem. Mine's isn't as bad as yours, but I just tend to get rid of whatever is noticeable, i.e. if i want to show my legs/arms I shave/wax them; my face I get threaded. You say you get hair on your stomach and boobs, but tbh i wouldn't worry about those areas because it's not like you'd be showing them off on an everyday basis. Just concentrate on the areas that you could potentially want to expose like arms and legs. Face is obviously the most important area. Have you tried threading for it? It works for me, even though I have to go back often. I can understand that having hair in all those areas would still cause you distress even if you don't expose them, as you feel like it's not normal, but you're just going to have put up with it until you can find a permanent solution. When I get stressed about hair removal I just think that at least I live in England, where the weather is basically cold all year round! I can't remember the last time I went out of the house without a coat/jacket on. Look on the bright side, at least you're not living in a country with a Mediterranean climate.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: May 17, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.