Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

IGCSE further pure maths

Announcements Posted on
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    hi everyone,is there anyone whose going to sit for this exam tomorrow?
    howz ur revision going?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Currently im failing
    But I found this awesum website that really helps a lot.

See below

https://sites.google.com/site/bsbfurtherigcsemaths/

Gives a lot of useful tutorials! Hope you have time to go through it!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing this exam. I wish I didn't. The stuff is too hard for me. Hopefully Monday will be good... I have 3 exams on that day...
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leafy9)
    I'm doing this exam. I wish I didn't. The stuff is too hard for me. Hopefully Monday will be good... I have 3 exams on that day...
    woah 3 in a day that must be really stressful!! :eek:

but further maths was really tough but i think i can pass
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    your school is having the ICT practical on monday?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muf_mur)
    your school is having the ICT practical on monday?
    No. I have Chemistry edexcel and Geography CIE on monday. I don't think anyone is doing ICT practical.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    has anyone's centre given out paper 1?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    how was the paper 2 everyone?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    how was the paper 2 everyone?
    Paper 1 was hard. Paper 2 was much easier, even though it was still difficult.

What grade do you think you got?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:

What grade do you think you got?
    yeah paper 2 was a lot easier than paper 1...i'll get something between 70-75
    i left the stationary points question bcos i cudnt differentiate(i actually wrote the steps to find stationary points and a note to the examiner that i cudnt differentiate but knew how to solve it LOL) and the last question in vectors so thats around 15 mks gone.....i cant really say which grade i m gona get cos the grade boundaries in further maths are soo unpredictable..and HIGH!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    i left the stationary points question bcos i cudnt differentiate(i actually wrote the steps to find stationary points and a note to the examiner that i cudnt differentiate but knew how to solve it LOL) and the last question in vectors so thats around 15 mks gone.....i cant really say which grade i m gona get cos the grade boundaries in further maths are soo unpredictable..and HIGH!
    Lucky you! Much more optimistic than me.
    I'd be lucky if I could manage a B. I'm suspecting a C. I was unlucky to have a bad math teacher for over half of the year.

http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/Pages...oundaries.aspx

This gives you the previous grade boundaries for all the subjects in Edexcel. You can have a good idea of what the boundaries are this year according to the difficultly of the paper.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:

wow you are gud at f.maths!!
    i think i'd get between the 20-35 mark range! hope to get an E at least!! :'(
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nithpriya)
    wow you are gud at f.maths!!
    i think i'd get between the 20-35 mark range! hope to get an E at least!! :'(
    i am not really gud at pure math its just my expectations in paper 2 that are high paper 1 is seriously gonna let me down....:mad:
    btw that website u posted really helped...
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    i am not really gud at pure math its just my expectations in paper 2 that are high paper 1 is seriously gonna let me down....:mad:
    btw that website u posted really helped...
    thanx!
    my expectations for this exam are really low!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i hope the grade boundaries are low because i think i did really bad in paper 1.. im so annoyed because paper 2 was so easy but didnt have time to finish the last question even though i was able to do it all! and it was worth 17 marks -.-.... these grade boundaries are really unpredictable.. january 2012 was easy but it was 67 for an A, june 2011 was a bit harder but 78 for an A or something like that i forgot..
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    grade boundaries fpm may 2012
    79/100 A*
    65/100 A
    51/100 B
    37/100 C
    23/100 D
    16/100 E
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i agree

A* is 79 :mad:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I hope to get a B

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    so wat did u guys get in fpm?
    i got a B (i'm soo grateful!!)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    so wat did u guys get in fpm?
    i got a B (i'm soo grateful!!)
    Great job! I heard even getting a B is very, very hard I'm now preparing for the exam next monday.. This is so scary.. I still have some types of questions that I have no idea how to answer.
    Any tips?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 27, 2013
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.