GCSE OCR gateway add science B4 C4 P4 21st may

Anyone ready for this exam or prepared?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
how did you find the exam?
Reply 2
ahh just came home, this exam was easy but had some really wordy questions
Reply 3
The only things I didn't know where the diamond, graphite and buck-something things, mainly because my chemistry teacher is more of the bullied member of my class :L
Rest seemed pretty easy for me but I'm bound to slip up somewhere. I'll be happy with a B but think I'm pretty close the the A :biggrin:
Reply 4
does anyone kno how much, the 2 exams and the coursework add up to? i know its 100% but im talking about marks
Reply 5
do you know what the grade boundary is likely to be?
Reply 6
exam was hard they asked questions that hardly came up on other past papers on the additional suite
Reply 7
There was one question I thought didn't make sense - question 3 in the biology section, something like:

"What nutrients does this bacteria show"?

Was it just me or did that one not make any sense at all?
Reply 8
Original post by Lohkar
There was one question I thought didn't make sense - question 3 in the biology section, something like:

Yeah i found that one really weird didnt even know what to put in that one so what answer did you put?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Lohkar

Wasn't it detritus?

What was the answer for the graph question concerning the beetles? Wasn't it like 1991?
Original post by sifsta
Wasn't it detritus?

What was the answer for the graph question concerning the beetles? Wasn't it like 1991?

Hmm i thought so as well but it asked for the next outbreak, but the beetles would have been dead as it was below -6 degrees
And i dont think it was detritus as thats not a nutrient its what is decayed, but to be honest i dont really know for that one. Biology was the hardest for me
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by sifsta
Wasn't it detritus?

I put 2003 because its the year after the winter with temperatures above -6 degrees that had the outbreak. At least I think I put 2003.

Original post by Gorganite
Yeah i found that one really weird didnt even know what to put in that one so what answer did you put?

I left it blank, and I emailed my biology teacher, he seemed to think that the question was worded incorrectly and that they may just remove that mark from the exam
Reply 12
for the half life one did you put x or y for the tracer?
Original post by Lohkar
I put 2003 because its the year after the winter with temperatures above -6 degrees that had the outbreak. At least I think I put 2003.

I left it blank, and I emailed my biology teacher, he seemed to think that the question was worded incorrectly and that they may just remove that mark from the exam

Hope it was a mistake. That question stumped me for ages. And i think i put the same year as you as well it was a 2000 early year anyway
Reply 14
Original post by laura-1234
for the half life one did you put x or y for the tracer?

I put Y as the tracer because it decayed faster than X, you?
Reply 15
Original post by Lohkar

yeah i put Y too :smile: and for the one about the stomata closing when there's less water what did you put?
Reply 16
yeah i put Y too :smile: and for the one about the stomata closing when there's less water what did you put?

I wrote about water entering the guard cells through osmosis, then after writing it with 2 mins left on the exam realised it said less water. Something tells me I lost those marks :/
Original post by Lohkar

Yeah same said Y as well guess thats a mark as well :biggrin:

Did not know. Forgot to revise that bit after looking at the papers, i didnt think it would come up.
Reply 19
it was saphrophytical nutrient

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending