The Student Room Group

24 hours in A&E

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Pandabär
I'm going to watch it online later tonight/ tomorrow. I'm really keen to see it- I did work experience in a London A&E last week, so am especially interested! :biggrin:

Which A&E were you at?
Reply 41
Thought I'd revive this long long dead thread since Series 3 is starting on the 10th!!! :woo:

Anyone else psyched up for it? (though it's depressing now that I've got exams... :cry: )
Original post by hslakaal
Thought I'd revive this long long dead thread since Series 3 is starting on the 10th!!![\b] :woo:

Anyone else psyched up for it? (though it's depressing now that I've got exams... :cry: )

Yessssssssssssssssss!

(Too keen?)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by carcinoma
Yessssssssssssssssss!

(Too keen?)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not keen enough.
Reply 44
Yessssssssssssssssss!

(Too keen?)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, you can never be too keen :five:

Can't find any way besides pirating to re-watch Series 2 :frown:

Also, now having actually visited the hospital, it was massive :redface:
Original post by hslakaal
Haha, you can never be too keen :five:

Can't find any way besides pirating to re-watch Series 2 :frown:

Also, now having actually visited the hospital, it was massive :redface:

Spoiler

Reply 46

Spoiler

oh.

I feel like I've lost my geek cred now.

I work in A&E, I once rushed home from a shift so I could watch 24 Hours in A&E.

Pleased to say the irony wasn't lost on me.
Will be looking out for myself on this one! So yes I will be watching.
The way Suzanne and Andrew spoke about each other at the end, I was expecting some big "and now we're married!" reveal.
I'm watching it, should probably seek therapy why after nights I insist on coming home and literally watching my job- they're doing something similar with our major trauma unit, and will be filming on the ward, ITU and resus in june but have a feeling it'll all completely focus on resus/ITU and see little of the level 0/level 1 ward and rehab side...
Reply 51
Original post by Subcutaneous
I'm watching it, should probably seek therapy why after nights I insist on coming home and literally watching my job- they're doing something similar with our major trauma unit, and will be filming on the ward, ITU and resus in june but have a feeling it'll all completely focus on resus/ITU and see little of the level 0/level 1 ward and rehab side...

Yep, because major trauma is sexy (but only if they survive to do a little talking head bit for the show - you never see the ones that are on a neuro rehab ward for 6 months, doubly incontinent and PEG fed) and little old ladies with UTIs are not.
Original post by Helenia
Yep, because major trauma is sexy (but only if they survive to do a little talking head bit for the show - you never see the ones that are on a neuro rehab ward for 6 months, doubly incontinent and PEG fed) and little old ladies with UTIs are not.

Exactly- I'm leaving to go back to AMU in 5 weeks, just before filming thank goodness! I have a feeling the ward will feature for a snippet of them going home...and thats it. You don't see the ones who get trauma called in following a fall from home, and have multiple rib fractures at 93yrs old and die aswell...or the permanent trachy's. We have a few successes and our major trauma centre is all over the local media at the moment, and money is being pumped into it- which is good, but it's not as sexy as it is, really really not.

I'm now screaming to go back to medicine!
Original post by Helenia

If you did 24 hours in A&E based anywhere else, it probably would become some of the most boring TV ever.

Or become something like Big Brother with the staff... I haven't quite decided in my head which one yet.
Original post by arcl
If you did 24 hours in A&E based anywhere else, it probably would become some of the most boring TV ever.

Or become something like Big Brother with the staff... I haven't quite decided in my head which one yet.

It'd be a bit like one born every minute where the nurses just talk about food..which we do a lot...interspersed with us doing some work, except not as 'aww cute' as a newborn baby. Maybe cleaning up sick or dishing out some tablets...
Same here... Someone I know is on it and it seems season 1 is not available online. Did you find anything?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending