The Student Room Group

Graduates with AAA-ABB at A-level - How much do you earn!

Scroll to see replies

Experience is vital to cut the story short. Where I work graduate earn £23000 but experienced contractors get £190 per day.

So I started with no experience so was on 23k and then getting to know my colleagues found a 19 years old who guess what did not have A-levels or a degree but had previous experience was on £190 a day just goes to show how important experiences is although in the long term Degree will definitely earn more but for now it is what it is.
Original post by Londonpie72
Experience is vital to cut the story short. Where I work graduate earn £23000 but experienced contractors get £190 per day.

So I started with no experience so was on 23k and then getting to know my colleagues found a 19 years old who guess what did not have A-levels or a degree but had previous experience was on £190 a day just goes to show how important experiences is although in the long term Degree will definitely earn more but for now it is what it is.

A 19 year old earning almost 50k a year. Is his experience in robbing banks?
Basically she left school and was working at a similar job only has GCSE. After 6 months will also leave and apply to the same job that pays daily rate.

But her case is a rare case others there are much older with financial experience.
Reply 23
Original post by GuyUK
This thread shows you don't need a masters undergraduate degree or undergraduate and masters to degree to get a well paid job. You can earn a high salary with just a bachelor degree or even just having A levels.

I though staying the extra year in University to do a 4 year undergraduate, 3 year undergraduate and masters or doing a placement at University would help in finding a well paid job. Doesn't seem like it, according to this thread.

You don't need a masters undergraduate degree or a undergraduate and masters to degree? Are you high? None of that makes sense.

Yes it is possible to get well paying jobs without any education whatsoever, that does not mean it doesn't help.
Reply 24
Original post by M1011
You don't need a masters undergraduate degree or a undergraduate and masters to degree? Are you high? None of that makes sense.

Yes it is possible to get well paying jobs without any education whatsoever, that does not mean it doesn't help.

It was a typing mistake. I edited my thread now, so hopefully makes more sense.
Reply 25
Original post by fail@maths
Asset Management. You can apply from August onwards for a graduate place position, and I would advise on a summer internship before hand to be in with a good chance, however this isn't mandatory.

A bit more of a literal response then I was expecting :tongue: lol
Reply 26
Original post by original_username
A 19 year old earning almost 50k a year. Is his experience in robbing banks?

LOL :biggrin:

Original post by Londonpie72
Basically she left school and was working at a similar job only has GCSE. After 6 months will also leave and apply to the same job that pays daily rate.

But her case is a rare case others there are much older with financial experience.

One might say rare to non-existent.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending