The Student Room Group

AQA Physics Unit 3 P3 GCSE 30th May 2012 Exam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
does nayone have p3 notes that they can pls send me. Thainks its much appreciated.
Original post by Aidn
Right, so.. there is a split ring for each wire right?

I did a drawing from what I think, can you check it's right? :smile: Generator.png

That's not quite right :smile:

The point of the rings is that they stay still... When the coil spins round, the side that started positively charges stays that way. However, the current in the coil reverses.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 22
Original post by AngryBirds4
That's not quite right :smile:

The point of the rings is that they stay still... When the coil spins round, the side that started positively charges stays that way. However, the current in the coil reverses.

Would it be possible to show me a drawing of what you mean, I seriously don't get it ¬_¬
Nervous about this exam, I understand hardly any of it! Especially mirrors... :s-smilie:
Is this for the new spec or the old spec? I have both P2 & P3 on Wednesday. :smile:
Original post by 21stcenturyphantom
Is this for the new spec or the old spec? I have both P2 & P3 on Wednesday. :smile:

I think it's for the old spec, its the last exam in the old spec :smile: same i have both P2 and P3 as well
Original post by rainerised
I think it's for the old spec, its the last exam in the old spec :smile: same i have both P2 and P3 as well

Okay good, yes I'm doing the old spec too. I'm studying the course via Distance Learning so I have taught all three units myself with the exception of 2 x 2 hour tutorials. Do you know any good revision sites besides GCSE Bitesize?
Original post by 21stcenturyphantom
Okay good, yes I'm doing the old spec too. I'm studying the course via Distance Learning so I have taught all three units myself with the exception of 2 x 2 hour tutorials. Do you know any good revision sites besides GCSE Bitesize?

Getrevising.co.uk and http://www.s-cool.co.uk/gcse/physics are quite good websites for revision and of course the aqa website for past papers
http://web.aqa.org.uk/qual/newgcses/science/new/physics_materials.php?id=03&prev=03

:smile: good luck with revision
Reply 28
wow ima fail this if I dont get revising- need 103 UMS for an A lol!!!
but im re-sitting pla, should add some marks...
which theoretically means i need an A* in this paper to have any chance of an A!
Reply 29
Original post by Revision-
wow ima fail this if I dont get revising- need 103 UMS for an A lol!!!
but im re-sitting pla, should add some marks...
which theoretically means i need an A* in this paper to have any chance of an A!

I'm in a similar position, but I'm retaking P1b. This sucks. I hate P3 it's so hard. :/
Reply 30
I need 90 ums for an A... But this is SOOOOOO HARD!!! :'(

Reply 31
Been revising for 3 days, done about 6 hours in total (actual revision) and am now on 3.1 (The Motor Effect).

How I revise - Stage 1 - Read, then make thorough notes. Stage 2 - Start from back of chapter, then write Key points on post-it notes. Stage 3- Re-read textbook. Stage 4 (usually 2 days before exam) - Read all notes made. Stage 5 (usually 1 day before exam) do 2/3 timed past-papers, mark them, and see where I went wrong :smile:
Reply 32
Original post by kaneboy
Been revising for 3 days, done about 6 hours in total (actual revision) and am now on 3.1 (The Motor Effect).

How I revise - Stage 1 - Read, then make thorough notes. Stage 2 - Start from back of chapter, then write Key points on post-it notes. Stage 3- Re-read textbook. Stage 4 (usually 2 days before exam) - Read all notes made. Stage 5 (usually 1 day before exam) do 2/3 timed past-papers, mark them, and see where I went wrong :smile:

Guranteed A ?
Reply 33
Original post by zabi1
Guranteed A ?

Nothing is guaranteed :L
Original post by Welbeck
Nothing is guaranteed :L

They mostly come out at night...

Mostly...
Reply 35
i need 77 for an A but 99 for A* :P
Reply 36
does any1 know how much i need for an A i got A* on p1 then a C in p2 (yes i was not amused 1 away from a B) and im doing p3 and resitting p2 but does anyone roughly know what grade i need for an A it would be much appreciated
Reply 37
Original post by zabi1
Guranteed A ?

No. Of course not.

It depends how thoroughly you do it all e.g make the key points. Just because you may do all that, doesn't necessarily you understand all of it (or any of it). If you do that, and UNDERSTAND it all, e.g how the motor effect causes rotation in an electric motor etc, then you could easily get an A-A*. (provided that you apply your knowledge)

The 5 stages recall the knowledge 5 times, which is said to cause you to keep 80% of what you learn.

Good luck.
Does anybody had the Jan 2012 paper or knows how to get it? Thanks :smile:

Reply 39

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending