Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

AQA Physics Unit 3 P3 GCSE 30th May 2012 Exam

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 21stcenturyphantom)
    Okay good, yes I'm doing the old spec too. I'm studying the course via Distance Learning so I have taught all three units myself with the exception of 2 x 2 hour tutorials. Do you know any good revision sites besides GCSE Bitesize?
    gcserevision101 is a really good site
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully this revision video can help you all remember the life and death of a star.
    Enjoy!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WhyJ-Hx2hs
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KarlTheOtaku)
    Hopefully this revision video can help you all remember the life and death of a star.
    Enjoy!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WhyJ-Hx2hs
    The only way I managed to learn is like this, in school my teacher always gets annoyed 'cause I don't write notes, but to be honest they never help me, so why waste paper? anyways THANKK YOOUU
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jigglypuff786)
    gcserevision101 is a really good site
    I second that, I read through it a couple of times as stated before, I had no notes :^_^:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    gcserevision101 is just a summary of the text book we have,
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainerised)
    Getrevising.co.uk and http://www.s-cool.co.uk/gcse/physics are quite good websites for revision and of course the aqa website for past papers
    http://web.aqa.org.uk/qual/newgcses/...?id=03&prev=03

good luck with revision
    http://gcserevision101.wordpress.com/physics-p3/
    this ones really good too...it was LITERALLY my teacher
    good luck!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yea basically im screwed unless someone has a link to the aqa gcse physics book online version, since i lost mine
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Please can someone explain what the difference is between real and virtual images in mirrors?
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brightbulb)
    Please can someone explain what the difference is between real and virtual images in mirrors?
    Haha, I just googled that very same thing! From what I understand and from my notes:

Real images = formed when rays of light (from the same point on the object) cross, so they can be formed on a screen.
    Virtual images = cannot be formed on a screen, they are just where rays of light appear to have come from.

Does this make any sense? I think I understand it. I've taken a picture from the AQA Nelson Thornes© textbook for you, it may help.
    Attached Thumbnails
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20120529_111919.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	447.6 KB 
ID:	152163  
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    A virtual image will appear inside the mirror (Light doesn't go through the mirror so it's not real)

A real image will appear outside the mirror (So it's real lol )
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do we draw eay diagrams in pencil because it won't get scanned
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I just googled that very same thing! From what I understand and from my notes:

Real images = formed when rays of light (from the same point on the object) cross, so they can be formed on a screen.
    Virtual images = cannot be formed on a screen, they are just where rays of light appear to have come from.

Does this make any sense? I think I understand it. I've taken a picture from the AQA Nelson Thornes© textbook for you, it may help.
    lol you couldn't take pictures of all pages in P3 textbook could you, just left my book at school...
    (or if not all just, all the pages on lenses/mirrors?)

Thanks!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    IS a longitudinal wave: A wave that vibrates in a given direction?
    And is a Transverse wave: A wave that vibrates at a 90^ angle in a given direction (perpendicularly)
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revision-)
    lol you couldn't take pictures of all pages in P3 textbook could you, just left my book at school...
    (or if not all just, all the pages on lenses/mirrors?)

Thanks!
    I'm sorry I don't have the time, I'm busy with my own revision and other things I'm afraid. All the revision sites listed in this thread are as good as, if not better, than the textbook so I would advise you to use those for your revision.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

Thanks that helped!!
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks that helped!!
    You're welcome.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh! Less than 24 hours to go till the exam!
    I'm still really confused on motors, and I cant remember all the rules for mirror and lens diagrams
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tweak6)
    Ahhh! Less than 24 hours to go till the exam!
    I'm still really confused on motors, and I cant remember all the rules for mirror and lens diagrams
    I've only just started to revise unit 3 today. Lesson learnt; never cram. It's doable but so stressful. I'm just working my way through the textbook and making notes, and then I'll probably complete 3 or 4 past papers later today. I agree, lenses are very confusing.
    • 122 followers

I have posted the Jan 2012 P2 and P3 papers HERE

Sorry for the large writing, but I have been getting loads of requests lately for these papers so I thought I'd just draw everyone's attention to this

Good luck everyone!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    do you have to draw in pencil

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 22, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.